Redford vs McGuinty - Canadian politics in the west vs east | GTAMotorcycle.com

Redford vs McGuinty - Canadian politics in the west vs east

kwtoxman

Redford recently resigns with party pressure in AB for some significantly questionable expenditures totalling the 6 figure range. McGuinty in ON resigns after significantly questionable expenditures in the 10 figure range with his government. The red star recently spins the Redford resignation as a party falling apart. McGuinty resigns with no significant comeuppance and last I heard was headed for Harvard. Crazy stuff, like a soap opera both ways but in opposite extremes. IMO I see the political apparatus I prefer.

How did she justify going to Mandela's funeral on the taxpayers' dime? She's not a head of state, did she ever even meet him? Or did she think it would make her appear more worldly to Albertans? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

How did she justify going to Mandela's funeral on the taxpayers' dime? She's not a head of state, did she ever even meet him? Or did she think it would make her appear more worldly to Albertans? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

She used to work for him or something...

West seems to be a little less likely to put up with shenanigans. My son is a journalist in AB, even at the municipal level they move pretty quickly on councilors and leaders that have "hand in cookie jar" mentality. If Redford had tried to hang on, the expenses that were coming out, kids flying on provincial jet to B'day parties, it was going to get ugly. Staff resigning to get clear of the fallout was the start. 45K to attend Mandela sendoff was the final straw. PM had a charter jet with spare seats, she and an aid bought 1st class seats on a commercial jet. Remember when it was popular to tell Newfy jokes it Ontario? They tell Ontario jokes in Alberta.

They tell Ontario jokes EVERYWHERE. I'm proud to be a Canadian, but I'm embarassed as hell when I have to tell colleagues out west I'm from the GTA.

It's also a little more than expenditures, she still hasn't answered for the High River gun grab and the police state and militaristic mentality the RCMP took with the residents there.

2 more years...

Last edited:
Remember when it was popular to tell Newfy jokes it Ontario? They tell Ontario jokes in Alberta.

I lived there for 10 years. They have been telling onterrible jokes for a long time and honestly with good reason. Politics here make us look like a bunch of backwards idiots who have no clue. Yet somehow the stories and scandals keep continuing on....

I lived there for 10 years. They have been telling onterrible jokes for a long time and honestly with good reason. Politics here make us look like a bunch of backwards idiots who have no clue. Yet somehow the stories and scandals keep continuing on....

Because people in Ontario (read: the GTA) tend to have NO clue. I could rant about this but I have no interest in a ban.

Back
Top Bottom