Legal Services that are good with disobey sign and fail to show insurance tickets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Legal Services that are good with disobey sign and fail to show insurance tickets

Sig_Girl

Well what a ****** week for me.

I got a disobey sign and a fail to show insurance ticket i need to fight.

The disobey was for turning left on a stop sign and going down military trail between 4pm-6pm.

For the fail to show insurance I made a appointment to see the JP, but got the letter about 3 days before the date and could not find my insurance slip that was for the date of the offense. The JP transferred my case to a trail.

I have now found my insurance slip for the specific time frame of the incident.

Both cases are going to be at Scarborough East Courts on Markham Road.

Is Redline my best bet?

The courts are uninterested as to whether you have insurance, they want to know whether you showed the officer your insurance card promptly upon request.

Disobey Sign is arguably one of the simplest charges the crown prosecutes. Officer simply has to say he saw you disobeying the sign during the restricted window.

You can retain legal counsel, but you shouldn't have high expectations that the charges will get tossed at trial. If they do get tossed, it will be for a procedural technicality leading up to it.

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90c25_e.htm#BK2

Operator to carry insurance card
3. (1) An operator of a motor vehicle on a highway shall have in the motor vehicle at all times,
(a) an insurance card for the motor vehicle; or
(b) an insurance card evidencing that the operator is insured under a contract of automobile insurance,​
and the operator shall surrender the insurance card for reasonable inspection upon the demand of a police officer. R.S.O. 1990, c. C.25, s. 3 (1).​

The disobey was for turning left on a stop sign and going down military trail between 4pm-6pm.

For the fail to show insurance I made a appointment to see the JP, but got the letter about 3 days before the date and could not find my insurance slip that was for the date of the offense. The JP transferred my case to a trail.

Is Redline my best bet?

Redline is going to be expensive! You could hire them to do only one the these, therefore reducing your cost.

Most likely, both cases are not going to court at the same time, right? If so, you can take care of the 'failure to surrender Insurance Card' by arriving early and talking to the prosecutor yourself.

Multiple charges on the same court appearances typically cost the same. Redline is highly reputable. May cost a few more bucks, but other services that I've come across are just throwing your money away without getting anything in return. Redline is your best chance to completely get off. The prosecutor will only drop the fail to show insurance if you plead guilty to the disobey sign, which leaves you with a conviction on your record.

I have someone i know that can help you if it's in the scarborough east area. Hes cheap and reliable. He droped 2 major tickets for me as well as dropping 2 minors for my friend.
I believe it's not legal to post his info so pm me if you're interested.

I don't understand how you didn't have an insurance slip in time to show the JP.

I had the same charge and went to Newmarket. The first thing I did when I got home was contact my broker and asked her to write me a letter explaining that I did in fact have insurance. I brought that and my slip when I went to see the prosecutor, she dismissed it no problem.

Did you get disclosure for the charges yet?

Is Redline my best bet?

HWY-LAW
2355 Keele St #203, Toronto, ON M6M 4A2
<nobr>(416) 243-2500

These people are the only reason i still have a license, and believe it or not still have a perfectly clean drivers abstract :D

10+ wins over the years for me, 1 loss for 5km over :lmao:
</nobr>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Multiple charges on the same court appearances typically cost the same. Redline is highly reputable. May cost a few more bucks, but other services that I've come across are just throwing your money away without getting anything in return. Redline is your best chance to completely get off. The prosecutor will only drop the fail to show insurance if you plead guilty to the disobey sign, which leaves you with a conviction on your record.

I think you are assuming that the two charges will be dealt with at the same appearance.
That's why I asked if both cases are going to court at the same time or not.

Because last time I checked, Redline does not do anyting "for free", there is always a cost, always a charge, even more if there is a separate date to attend.

Go to OTT at Markham and Milner and speak to Chris Conway. I got the same ticket at the same place. That sign is a Scarborough By-Law sign not HTA. Represented myself and cop did not show up for my ticket at trial.

Back
Top Bottom