Quotes as of today - FYI | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quotes as of today - FYI

DanM44

Hey guys, I bought my first bike, thought I'd leave the quotes up here for general interest. I live in King Township.

Bike: 2014 Ninja 300
Licence: GM2
Me: 24 Y/O
Got G1: Nov 2005
Got M1: Aug 2012
Took Safety Course: Yes
Got M2: Nov 2012
Years Insured in motorcycle: 0
Years Insured in car: 9

2 Tickets, both in 2013: 20 over and using a hand held device.

Please note, these quotes are for full coverage; which is apparently mandatory whenever you finance? (wtf)

Quotes:

TD Melonche Monnex: 1680 / Year

John Duffy: 3K / Year

State Farm : 2400 / Year

The Personal: 2195 / Year

RBC: Not offered due to lack of riding history.

Looks like Melonche Monnex is the choice.

Yes, full coverage is necessary when you finance since you don't technically own the bike until it is paid off.

Did you try Riders Plus?

TDMM uses primmum and rider plus to compare rates. Considering that only primmum does new riders now, I think its a better choice for those with no experience, small displacement bikes and M2/Restrictions

Wow, I just checked TDMM, threw in a bunch of numbers similar to yours (you've had your license one year longer than me), and my bike, Vulcan 900, and it was $3700!! Changed the bike to an EX500R, it was *half* the rate at $1800/year.

What the actual ****?

I quoted many when looking - got a rate of $405/yr for a Cb500x 2013. Full M licence 15 years ago, but never owned a bike. Driving since 16 and motorcycle safety course completed. This was with TD. Everywhere else was double! I asked a broker why and was told that TD cannot be beat this year as they are trying to capture the market! Works for me!

I quoted many when looking - got a rate of $405/yr for a Cb500x 2013. Full M licence 15 years ago, but never owned a bike. Driving since 16 and motorcycle safety course completed. This was with TD. Everywhere else was double! I asked a broker why and was told that TD cannot be beat this year as they are trying to capture the market! Works for me!

Damn that's impressive.

Well based on this thread I too called TDMM.

I am with Desjardin currently. My renewal end of Feb dropped from $3200 per year to $2700, But I also lost my multi vehicle discount due to one of my vehicles, (pickup dying). They had mistakenly listed me as a M2 last year, instead of full M and their system makes you wait 2 years after full M to lower.

So i did online with TDMM

Me
52 widowed, (no other mc riders in house)
32 years licenced
full insurance for 6 years
No at fault claims, (last accident was 8 years ago and is listed as not at fault).
1 TICKET, (Jan 2014 10 km over), Desjardin didn't have this ticket to include as it was after renewal period

Bike
2010 Yamaha Roadstar 1700
no mods

Coverage
Comprehensive, collision, accident, liability, accident forgiveness, (1 at fault forgiven)
2 Mill liability, $500 deductible on comp and collision.

New premium
$1,131.00 per year.
(now remember TDMM doesn't do "12 monthly payments", they call it pay as you ride so 7 monthly payments Mar - Sept).

The rep confirmed they are aggressively going after the MC market with hopes peeps will also transfer other coverages. I opted not to take anything else over to them at this time.

SO over all savings on bike ALONE policy with NO discounts....

$2708, (desjardin), $1131 (TDMM). = $1577 per year!!!

I actually figured it would be an increase given the "new" ticket...

TDMM 1866 803-9321

EDIT just cancelled with Desjardin. They asked why. I said TDMM is going after the MC market something DGI should "evaluate"..lol She said good for you for getting a deal that is a HUGE savings. It turns out bigger than expected savings

ANNUAL Premium

OLD NEW

DGI car & bike $4140 DGI Car only $1413
TDMM Bike only $1083.14

Total $4140 $2496.18

Savings $1643.82... Thx TDMM and fellow GTAM members

Last edited:
Don't finance a bike....... you are now stuck with debt and must limit your spending in the upcoming years, which is not good.

Back
Top Bottom