Tweet to Glen Murray, Ontario's Minister of Transportation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tweet to Glen Murray, Ontario's Minister of Transportation

Sunspark

Site Supporter
If you want to try engaging in dialogue with him on Twitter, perhaps to ask for bikes to be allowed in provincial HOV lanes, his username is @Glen4ONT

Please remember, it is important to be polite and respectful as if you were being introduced to him in person. If we are all polite and reasonable then many polite voices may get positive attention.

Please remember, it is important to be polite and respectful as if you were being introduced to him in person. If we are all polite and reasonable then many polite voices may get positive attention.

Good reminder, but don't forget the GTAM audience...;)

Great that he responded. I wonder what it means that the HTA cannot be amended under current laws. It is not the answer I expected to read from an MPP.

Did I miss where he said HTA can't be amended? The link from iFly55 only has the MPP as indicating that under current laws you cannot ride a motorcycle in them.

j

Added my voice

If you want to try engaging in dialogue with him on Twitter, perhaps to ask for bikes to be allowed in provincial HOV lanes, his username is @Glen4ONT

Did I miss where he said HTA can't be amended? The link from iFly55 only has the MPP as indicating that under current laws you cannot ride a motorcycle in them.

j

ifly55 was asking if the laws could be amended to allow it. That's why the response was so confusing to me. Maybe what he was trying to say is that it requires a private members bill? But I would like the current transpo bill to be amended or a rider added if possible to do so in our system.

ifly55 was asking if the laws could be amended to allow it. That's why the response was so confusing to me. Maybe what he was trying to say is that it requires a private members bill? But I would like the current transpo bill to be amended or a rider added if possible to do so in our system.

I added my $.02 as well. As a former industry lobbyist (video games, not transportation) I know it generally boils down to either a regulation change or a legislation change. If it is legislation, ug...it would take God and most of his biggest friends to lift that off the ground. If it is regulation change, that is relatively easy esp if not a controversial issue. The biggest challenge for bikers is lack of unified voice. So many squeaky wheels out there, politicians only tend to deal with the ones that threaten the most offending noises.

But this is a good start :)

A potentially good idea to engage the Minister (and give him a photo op) is to enlist the help of a riding school and offer him a free training course on a weekend (assuming he is not already a rider) and get him his M2. Great for a slow news item in late April when the snow is gone (it has to be, right?) and good publicity for the school. If he accepts, might be able to tie this to a roundtable the next week with community and industry and talk about maximum 3 most pressing issues (HOV plus lane two others) as the riding season begins.

This is the way we successfully got government attention for years for video games and digital.

Quick response, but unfortunately not really responsive.

Question: 'Can the law be changed so we can do this?'
Answer: 'Not under the current law.'

?!

Back
Top Bottom