2015 Yamaha FZ-07 announced | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Yamaha FZ-07 announced

I don't think you have heard the FZ07 ... it sounds actually pretty good .... opposed to BMW F800 par. twins, especially with an aftermarket pipe.

BTW what exactly are you comparing the FZ07 to??? I am just curious.

I was pretty surprised at how good the FZ07 sounded with the Akrapovic pipe. I normally hate the sound of parallel twins and this one actually sounds good. I was a little disappointed to hear that the R3 wasn't going to be a 270 degree crank. Oh well, can't win them all I guess.

I don't think you have heard the FZ07 ... it sounds actually pretty good .... opposed to BMW F800 par. twins, especially with an aftermarket pipe

Nuda 900 engine based on BMW800 has 315 degree crank and sounds very good. Seems 180 and 360 crank twins don't sound so hot.

The Er6n has it tough now ... even with Kawi slashing pricing to FZ07 level, the sales are rising. The bike is simply 30lbs or so heavier and doesn't do anything better than FZ07. Unless the ergos somehow fit you better on Er6n, it would be a strange choice over FZ07 this ti me around.

Perhaps comparing sound of I4 with P2 is not the most exciting thing to do .... Now if there was I4 bike at price of FZ07, you might have a point ... LOL

The Er6n has it tough now ... even with Kawi slashing pricing to FZ07 level, the sales are rising. The bike is simply 30lbs or so heavier and doesn't do anything better than FZ07. Unless the ergos somehow fit you better on Er6n, it would be a strange choice over FZ07 this ti me around.

Perhaps comparing sound of I4 with P2 is not the most exciting thing to do .... Now if there was I4 bike at price of FZ07, you might have a point ... LOL

Non-current FZ6R..?

You have point there....

They have one already in the the XT670/700 (single and not sold in NA) but if you have to build it with an alloy frame and have decent components like the GS then it would be priced accordingly.

They would have a better chance with the triple against the Tiger 800
No need. The adventure crowd doesn't mind a steel frame that any shopowner in Siberia can repair....and this bike doesn't need the weight savings of aluminum or even any more R&D framewise, It's already very light...the current frame is sufficient. Simply using different fork and shock, and diferent wheels will do just fine. Probably wouldn't add $2000 to the bike. Any more than this bike's hp would be a waste on an adventure bike anyhow. Nobody goes on an adventure ride and laments afterwards that they should have brought a faster bike. However, they do say they needed a lighter or less complicated bike.

Last edited:
I actually test rode one of the 07's didn't have a chance to really check it out (yamaha demo ride) but for what i did try i was impressed. The bike did nothing under 4 grand but above that it started to wake up. Around 8 it really comes to life i think un experienced riders may get a big surprise when the front wheel comes off the ground. The bike i compact and light...400lbs soaking wet, It is light and nimble and is very smooth in corners and has plenty of power to cruse on the highway. I was thinking of picking this up for my wife,currently she rides a Suzuki GS 500f. But hey i would love to take it to the DDT at mosport i think it would be a blast. Also i found the instrument cluster fairly useless the tach was hard to read but would be easy to overcome once u got used to the engine sound, and it did sound pretty good with the stock exhaust... all in all great bike for all looking to upgrade form your 125/2500cc bikes...
Just my 2c worth
Ed

Back
Top Bottom