2015 Yamaha FZ-07 announced | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Yamaha FZ-07 announced

CB500 is not really in the same league ... carries extra 25lbs (which really is mind boggling difference) and has a quite a bit less power .... so as you said.

Yeah - it's a move up, milder, cheaper insurance but will hold value.
CB500x tho is a much hotter seller as it's a do everything machine except sport riding and it's not bad in the twists tho the suspension is marginal for that.

There are some good multi-lobe screens around.

Kid wants a Puig for his Fz8

PUIG-NGW-DS-001_is

Yamaha is doing some great things with the new FZ's. Great power, weight and price. They should sell well on this side of the pond.

The reviews are coming in strong for this bike. I thought I would take the rc390 as my next purchase, but now I'm thinking differently. 74 hp, under 400 pounds wet!! This thing should be a hoot.

Yamaha MT-07 (FZ-07) 2014 launch review:

[video=youtube_share;eWBaH932Ero]http://youtu.be/eWBaH932Ero[/video]

if you want a good laugh and a great review of this bike. Go to You Tube and search for "Cager on Two Wheels"
Look for his review on the MT07 (FZ07)
Great review part 1 just talks about the bike while riding around. Part 2 cracks me up and really shows how great
this bike is.

I love this bike. So much fun to ride. I'm gonna miss it over the winter (hopefully it will be a short one) bang for the buck for sure.

Yeah - it's a move up, milder, cheaper insurance but will hold value.
CB500x tho is a much hotter seller as it's a do everything machine except sport riding and it's not bad in the twists tho the suspension is ..

CB500x is a hotter seller??? Where or based on what source? Certainly not in Europe and fz07 has not sold for that long anywhere else I believe.

I love this bike. So much fun to ride. I'm gonna miss it over the winter (hopefully it will be a short one) bang for the buck for sure.
Could you give an honest review of this bike please? Let us also know your riding style, and previous bikes so we get a better sense. I'm itching to pull the trigger next season.

Previously i had a gsxr600 and now an old cafe racer. For me, the SS was too much of a heat score and by the time I got out of town, my back and wrists were already tired. The cafe, is just that... not powerful enough in the twistes to scratch that itch, and not very ergonomical. Would like to add a bike that I can comfortably do long distances on, and one that has ample power to give some smiles when the roads get curvy. The fz07 seems to have all those.

I picked up a red FZ-07 in the summer. My previous bike was a Ninja 300. I love the FZ-07. It's light and nimble. Nice bike to wrap around twisties and also very comfortable for distance riding. It's really torquey and it pulls nice on every gear. Big step up to to 75 hp and 50 ft-lb from the Ninja 300, with only 10 more pounds. I appreciate an upright riding style and the FZ-07 is just that.

Demo'd one this summer. It's nice, but the Suzuki SFV650 is a better bike overall. Magazines hype this bike because it's new, and that's what they do.
No ABS in 2014... WTF Yamaha, wake up.

The link to the Yamaha website has the power too, 75 hp and 50 ft. lbs. of torque from 689cc with wet weight of 394 lb.

I still would compare it with the FZ-09 that is listed at 115 bhp and 64.5 lb.-ft. @ 8500 rpm at Cyclenews.com with wet weight of 414 lb.

However, the insurance cost may be significantly cheaper for the smaller FZ-07...

Doesn't the Triumph 675 motor (street triple) make around 110hp??

They NEED to make an Adventurized version of the 700, with 17" rear wheel and 19" front, and switchable ABS.
It would destroy the BMW's and Wee-Strom's stranglehold on the midsized ADV market

They have one already in the the XT670/700 (single and not sold in NA) but if you have to build it with an alloy frame and have decent components like the GS then it would be priced accordingly.

They would have a better chance with the triple against the Tiger 800

They NEED to make an Adventurized version of the 700, with 17" rear wheel and 19" front, and switchable ABS.
It would destroy the BMW's and Wee-Strom's stranglehold on the midsized ADV market

Last edited:
No offense with parallel engine owners, but really hate how it sounds and performs is really dull compared with V or 4 inline engines. Well I guess as you guys said its due to cost cutting.

No offense with parallel engine owners, but really hate how it sounds and performs is really dull compared with V or 4 inline engines. Well I guess as you guys said its due to cost cutting.

Not all // twins are same. This FZ-07 sounds and performs nothing like 650 Ninja and bikes of that ilk all things being = (fart can)

I don't think you have heard the FZ07 ... it sounds actually pretty good .... opposed to BMW F800 par. twins, especially with an aftermarket pipe.

BTW what exactly are you comparing the FZ07 to??? I am just curious.

Back
Top Bottom