Next stupid question - wiring recessed bolts. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Next stupid question - wiring recessed bolts.

Looks good to me. For the tails, I fold them in half with pliers so the sharp end is hidden so you don't slice yourself on any of them.

I will give you a couple of tire changes until yours are looking more like drickeds :)

I will give you a couple of tire changes until yours are looking more like drickeds :)

No doubt you are right. At this point I am just in the mode of getting everything done the simplest way possible to work properly and pass tech. There will be plenty of time for further monkeying about to improve things later.

I was pleasantly surprised that I could still use my RhinoMoto axle sliders once I wired the axle nuts. Example:

wiring%20axle%20nut.JPG

wiring%20axle%20slider.JPG

It's not screwed in. I just slipped the slider on to check the fit.

Good eyes.

That's a long stretch of wire. I do know there's a limit to the length you can use but not sure what it is or where else you could attach it to. Maybe behind the spool or a hole in the spool?

That's a long stretch of wire. I do know there's a limit to the length you can use but not sure what it is or where else you could attach it to. Maybe behind the spool or a hole in the spool?

Yeah, I had my doubts about that. There are a couple options if you think this might not be up to snuff. I could drill the spool as you suggest, or angle a hole in a corner of the Al chain adjustment slider thingy.

If you weren't using the axle slider I would say drill a hole in the axle and use a cotter pin/kurvey clip.

Better? Slider still fits.

wiring%20rear%20axle2.JPG

Last edited:
I think a little chamfer on the recess would have done nicely.

I am finished wiring all the banjo bolts. Do I need to do anything about the fluid reservoir lids? The one for the front brakes is held on with two long screws, but the lids on the little pots for the rear brake and clutch just screw on. Do those all need to be wired somehow?

Running out of jobs to do as I wait for parts. I think I'll do a valve clearance and timing belt check and clean the chain in the meantime. Oh, and clean and oil the K&Ns.

Corsara.....the pic of Dricked's calipers held by a pair of clips strung together works great. I know of a fellow who did a tire change, put it all back together, put the safety wire and clips in place then went racing....after the race, he realized that he never put a wrench to the caliper bolts....they were finger tight, but the safety wired clips held everything together as inteneded and he rode as normal. Optimal? No.....but proves the point that if one were to come loose, it'll work.

Corsara.....the pic of Dricked's calipers held by a pair of clips strung together works great. I know of a fellow who did a tire change, put it all back together, put the safety wire and clips in place then went racing....after the race, he realized that he never put a wrench to the caliper bolts....they were finger tight, but the safety wired clips held everything together as inteneded and he rode as normal. Optimal? No.....but proves the point that if one were to come loose, it'll work.

Wholly crap! That's scary and good at the same time.

Good rule of thumb, wire only after you've torqued the bolts. Unsure, check again.

I am finished wiring all the banjo bolts. Do I need to do anything about the fluid reservoir lids? The one for the front brakes is held on with two long screws, but the lids on the little pots for the rear brake and clutch just screw on. Do those all need to be wired somehow?

Running out of jobs to do as I wait for parts. I think I'll do a valve clearance and timing belt check and clean the chain in the meantime. Oh, and clean and oil the K&Ns.
remember to safety wire the Rad cap, oil filter, drain bolt and all your rad hoses

...and safety wire your *** to the bike because at certain point is going to want to fly off :)

Edit: forgot you are air cooled, never mind.

Last edited:
Is there an oil cooler? If so, those banjos would need to be done too.

Back
Top Bottom