New to riding this year | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to riding this year

DanteGuelph

Hello all! Just bought my first bike (Honda cb500x) and can't wait to get out there! I already have the safely course done, but would love new rider tips!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby steps. Riding a motorcycle is like learning to play a piano. You took the course which taught you the notes and the keys and now you can play chopsticks. Practicing will make you play better and better until you can proficiently play Mozart! Just because you can play a piano does not mean you are a great player. The more you practice the better you get!

welcome

Find a copy of the book "Twist of the Wrist 2" and read it twice. SO many great tips in there.

And welcome!

Very nice bike. Love the adventure touring style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi DM, welcome to riding, will probably see you around Guelph this summer.
This is a great forum for chatting with us locals, it's also a good idea to join a bike specific forum like http://www.cb500x.com/ to talk to other owners of your make & model for technical insight about your bike.

Welcome. I agree with Rye, manuals are good. The Keith Code book he mentions is good but I think for a bit more advanced rider. I think you will get more from David l. Hough's 2 book series "proficient motorcycling" available from chapters/Indigo, Amaon etc. around $25 each. Full of practical street riding instruction, lots of diagrams and pictures and practice manouvers.

I would also suggest that you ride solo for the first few months then find a friend or mentor to ride with. Someone to critique your moves. Avoid the mass rides until at least next season.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom