We Ride App | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Ride App

Had Kanda Midori as my display picture (Google her). It was hilarious how many randoms added me and tried to start a convo.

I will not be on it or even look at it due the app being a waste of time. But I support all of your decisions to use it.

It has potential, I love the map/route feature

Perhaps. All joking aside I don't even like to have the GPS unless I need to find something a far distance away at a specific time.
I've used my GPS about 4 times in the past 10 years and will not use data on my phone, so I'm not really the demographic for this product.

Perhaps. All joking aside I don't even like to have the GPS unless I need to find something a far distance away at a specific time.
I've used my GPS about 4 times in the past 10 years and will not use data on my phone, so I'm not really the demographic for this product.
You don't need GPS on to view the routes, only to record your own.

How do you do long trips? Memorize it?

How do you do long trips? Memorize it?

Major turns and key points, yes I do memorize it. It only takes a few seconds of looking at the map. But also just going in the right direction. I've found the most incredible roads and sights by just going in the right direction and not caring about staying on major highways.

Pick a direction and ride with maybe a map for any confusion to look at once per trip. This also allows for talking to people about the areas you are in, no electrical social disconnect equals an immersive experience.

But if someone is the sort with absolutely no sense of direction I can see being dependent on a GPS.

Major turns and key points, yes I do memorize it. It only takes a few seconds of looking at the map. But also just going in the right direction. I've found the most incredible roads and sights by just going in the right direction and not caring about staying on major highways.

Pick a direction and ride with maybe a map for any confusion to look at once per trip. This also allows for talking to people about the areas you are in, no electrical social disconnect equals an immersive experience.

But if someone is the sort with absolutely no sense of direction I can see being dependent on a GPS.

Did this with a friend when we tried to find hwy 507. Found a really nice road by the lake accidentally too!

Agreed 100%. Maps are only to find my way home again.
Pet peeve of mine is posting a ride, having 10 people ask for the route map. Umm, I'm getting on my bike and heading north, wanna come or not?
We ride is already here and very stable. Check out the "rides/meet ups" thread on this forum called GTAM. Lol. I don't need a bunch of forums/apps to meet up with all the same riders on GTAM.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%. Maps are only to find my way home again.
Pet peeve of mine is posting a ride, having 10 people ask for the route map. Umm, I'm getting on my bike and heading north, wanna come or not?

I do that all the time! Head north and I find all these awesome small towns and roads. Being lost can we very fun.

I do that all the time! Head north and I find all these awesome small towns and roads. Being lost can we very fun.

Yep! By the way, if I'm in still in Ontario, I'm not really lost. :D

Back
Top Bottom