HM Quickshifter GP to normal shifting | GTAMotorcycle.com

HM Quickshifter GP to normal shifting

acernec

Hey all,

I have a HM Quick Shifter installed on an 07 gsxr 600 and its setup for GP shifting. However I want to change it to normal shifting? Only reversing the shifter linkage does not work. Is there a special way to do this? Or is there a kit available to purchase?

Thanks

Hey all,

I have a HM Quick Shifter installed on an 07 gsxr 600 and its setup for GP shifting. However I want to change it to normal shifting? Only reversing the shifter linkage does not work. Is there a special way to do this? Or is there a kit available to purchase?

Thanks
You don't have to purchase anything

1 - The HM QS works both ways (pull or push)
2 - In order to reverse the shift just move the pivot back one notch

Shifter1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I believe I tried this at the track - the shifter would not Quick shift. Will try again and post results here.

You don't have to purchase anything

1 - The HM QS works both ways (pull or push)
2 - In order to reverse the shift just move the pivot back one notch

Shifter1.jpg

I would have assumed the upper linkage (where clamped on to shift rod) would have to remount to other side...eg 180 degrees. Take from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock???

Yes the upper linkage needs to be flipped the same as it is in the picture.

Yes the upper linkage needs to be flipped the same as it is in the picture.
yea, I kind of assumed that was a given, I should have been more specific.

The picture shows my current setup configured for GP shifting. I flipped the linkage but the quickshifter stops working. Can you point me to the pivot that I need to move back a notch?

View attachment 34445

I would have assumed the upper linkage (where clamped on to shift rod) would have to remount to other side...eg 180 degrees. Take from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock???
The shift arm clamped around the shift rod..

I think it's more than just changing the linkage. I spent some time and searched online and the manual and there are 2 settings for the quick shifter, compression and extension. It was setup to extension and just changed it to compression. I'll have to change the linkage and it should work.

Back
Top Bottom