this cant be right. no way in hell | GTAMotorcycle.com

this cant be right. no way in hell

planning to pick up a ninja ex500.

got my licence (m2) last year via RTI.
august 2013.
25 years old.
lives in toronto.
1 minor speeding ticket (10 over)

went on insurance hotline and some other sites.
they're quoting me 4000+?!?!?!?!! please tell me somebody got some luck in this department or am i just screwed for living in toronto.

planning to pick up a ninja ex500.

got my licence (m2) last year via RTI.
august 2013.
25 years old.
lives in toronto.
1 minor speeding ticket (10 over)

went on insurance hotline and some other sites.
they're quoting me 4000+?!?!?!?!! please tell me somebody got some luck in this department or am i just screwed for living in toronto.

http://www.ridersplus.com/

I've had good results with Leon @ Riders Plus.

Dude. So many thanks I want to send out to you! The 4000+ bullcrao rate I was getting just got shot down to 1700. Thanks man!

First off, never use online quotes. Its always inaccurate, usually ridiculously low but I guess high because inexperienced. Try TD meloche monnex they have really good rates for new riders with small bikes but there are lots of threads and this has been covered a lot. By the way, TD MM does it through Rider Plus but gives extra discounts if you are a TD customer and have been for awhile. Goodluck, Cheers.

thank you for your suggestion. as you can tell by the amount of posts ive contributed to this site, i actually just signed up! also tried to scan the stickys for the answer to my question. i will be calling my broker on monday to figure what he could do. but as far as today goes, im going to hamilton to check out that ex500! :D wish me luck -- and thank you for kindly replying.

Give State Farm a shout too. They might be able to give you a better quote. They base their quotes on how long you've had your G license (you need to have had it for 5+ years) and the amount of CC's your bike has. Having your M2 through RTI doesn't matter to them. I found them to give me the cheapest quote. Good luck! Cheers!

State Farm seems to be cheapest for year 1 riders in my experience, then switch to another company for year 2 and beyond. Im not much for switching insurance companies but the savings are significant.

State Farm seems to be cheapest for year 1 riders in my experience, then switch to another company for year 2 and beyond. Im not much for switching insurance companies but the savings are significant.

There is next to no reason to be loyal to an insurance company anymore, if there ever was. Not that there's that many to switch between...

Just an update. I went with riders plus for a premium total of 1650. Everybody else quoted me 2000 to 4000. Thank you all for replying

Back
Top Bottom