Attnention: Ever been down a dragstrip?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Attnention: Ever been down a dragstrip??

Attention: All GSX-R.

If you intend on doing drag racing. Don't forget to fuel up your bike with NOS to get that extra boost.

dsc01289.jpg

Tell you what... bring 4 of those hooked up to your bike and we'll have a go :D

i might come out this summer too, always wanted to see what i can run on a quarter mile. only question i have is that is a regular full face DOT helmet enough or do they require SNELL?

Do anybody trailer there bike there just in case they crash? Or nobody thinks that far ahead?

I spent a lot of years drag racing bikes at Cayuga and I'm not all that interested in pitting my bike against the clock anymore, just blew up too much stuff in the 80s and 90s.

I'd be interested in showing up to defend my "wheelie contest" title if they're doing that again.

I've been running "something" down the 1/4 mile at Cayuga for decades. Bikes - 5.0L / 450HP Mustang, I even tried to detonate 1 of my winter beaters there - 86 Accord with 450,000kms ---- I couldn't kill it. Plan was to pull the plates and leave it there. I drove it home and sold it.
Here's what it look like from the seat of a '09 Hayabusa - it was my 1st pass on that 'new to me' bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKwntdrwy4

Rocker Guy - I've been going for years. Only bike I've ever seen crash, was someone who was inexperienced, who tried to climb the Christmas tree, not once, but twice.......very funny day, but he still rode what was left of his bike home.

Chances of burning the clutch up is the most common 'wreck' you'll see there, and then CAA is your friend.

I've been running "something" down the 1/4 mile at Cayuga for decades. Bikes - 5.0L / 450HP Mustang, I even tried to detonate 1 of my winter beaters there - 86 Accord with 450,000kms ---- I couldn't kill it. Plan was to pull the plates and leave it there. I drove it home and sold it.
Here's what it look like from the seat of a '09 Hayabusa - it was my 1st pass on that 'new to me' bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKwntdrwy4

Rocker Guy - I've been going for years. Only bike I've ever seen crash, was someone who was inexperienced, who tried to climb the Christmas tree, not once, but twice.......very funny day, but he still rode what was left of his bike home.

Chances of burning the clutch up is the most common 'wreck' you'll see there, and then CAA is your friend.

No flip overs?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

No flip overs?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Not that I've seen. Usually the rider that does the "unexpected wheelie" drops the front end so fast, it's over before it started.
They frown on track long wheelies. First time it's usually a warning, 2nd time, they'll tell you to leave.

This is a cool idea will definitely try to make it out when i get my bike. how much does something like this cost? I've been to cayuga before, never got to ride it though wicked little track.

HOLLA

It's adult size.

Some interesting feed back...Brian is right about the times for tnt etc. Through the summer there are Wednesday night test and tunes also...Cost to run at a tnt is generally around $30.00 . As far a safety gear all you need are shoes/boots that cover your ankles a jacket and gloves along with a helmet. I'm looking for feed back from the readers of this thread that would help bring new riders out to the drag strip and others who have not been out in many years. It can be a lot of fun and very addictive as we try and match those magazine times...lol...
If there was a Saturday lets say completely set aside for bikes only at Cayuga with the idea of it only being run for fun with riders like myself there to offer tips on the whole process would that be a help? No competitions unless there are friends that want to match up but to keep it at a fun level! Throw me some feedback..

I go to Cayuga at least twice a year, I would like to make it more as I need to work on my 60ft times.

Be nice to see more bikes at the track especially on the all bike events. Remember you don't have to be the fastest to win.

Would be quite interested in going to a few test and tune days this season, been meaning to do it for awhile

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom