Toggle switch for ignition | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toggle switch for ignition

inreb

Site Supporter
I want to put a toggle switch in a hidden spot around the airbox to eliminate the big bulky ignition switch at the handle bars. Would that be illegal?

I dont think so one of my bikes only has a kill switch no key.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't think a cop would notice where your ignition switch is, but i would think that any other place wouldn't be safe.

The current positions of the clutch and the starter offer the quickest way of restarting in an emergency...assuming both of your hands are where they should be.

I'm rethinking this. I think I'll wire the existing handlebar on/off kill switch as the ignition switch. Not worried about cops too much, just wondering about the letter of the law. Thanks for the input:cool:

I'm rethinking this. I think I'll wire the existing handlebar on/off kill switch as the ignition switch. Not worried about cops too much, just wondering about the letter of the law. Thanks for the input:cool:

My track bike is setup like that, I had to wire in the resistor from the ignition for it to work. For the street Id add another switch somewhere hidden for safety.

My track bike is setup like that, I had to wire in the resistor from the ignition for it to work. For the street Id add another switch somewhere hidden for safety.

Bingo.
Ya, the resistor isn't shown in the wiring diagram. Almost caught me out.:eek:

I don't think a cop would notice where your ignition switch is, but i would think that any other place wouldn't be safe.

The current positions of the clutch and the starter offer the quickest way of restarting in an emergency...assuming both of your hands are where they should be.

I understood this to be a desire to delete the keyed ignition, which wouldn't relocate the starter switch. I could be wrong though.

^ you're right

That's an interesting question, your not supposed to leave your keys in your car, I think there is some law to that effect or so I've been told. But I have had bikes that had no key switch, just ignition on/off button. It could be a concern with theft insurance?

That's an interesting question, your not supposed to leave your keys in your car, I think there is some law to that effect or so I've been told. But I have had bikes that had no key switch, just ignition on/off button. It could be a concern with theft insurance?

Probably, if they recovered the bike and noticed the mod. I'd just blame it on the thief lol. Having a little fun building the totally minimalist bike. It's turning into a real frankenstein. Running off road only 100watt KC Slimlight.

Back
Top Bottom