2014 Demo Days | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 Demo Days

Most of them didn't have any listed. I want to ride an 848/EVO or 899 panigale and a Monster. Anyone know of any happening in London soon? I think I'll ask at InglisCycle next time I'm in the area.

Yeah ducati still hasn't updated their website.... I know gp bikes had a demo day back on April 5th for the 1200

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For me, personally, I feel that the monster 696 is perfect, out of all the bikes at the recent show it fit my body most perfectly and the style is beautiful in white. I just want to see if I love it on the road!!!

I read that the 686 is getting ties demo time may 10th? I just want to see how it feels!

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

I went to the ready powersports demo day today (apr 19)....got their around 1:45 pm...not too many people so got to ride right away....route was fairly lengthy....cawthra to lakeshore then up mississauga road all the way to dundas and back to the store....took about 45 mins....i think it was more than enough to determine if the bike is right for you.....i chose the cbr500ra.....fun bike...lots of power....riding position was a bit aggressive....i dont think i can do extended riding on this bike... Overall good experience

I went to the ready powersports demo day today (apr 19)....got their around 1:45 pm...not too many people so got to ride right away....route was fairly lengthy....cawthra to lakeshore then up mississauga road all the way to dundas and back to the store....took about 45 mins....i think it was more than enough to determine if the bike is right for you.....i chose the cbr500ra.....fun bike...lots of power....riding position was a bit aggressive....i dont think i can do extended riding on this bike... Overall good experience

I was there also, at 12 on the cbr500ra. The bike looks nice, but it's not for me. I guess i'm used to the torque and upright position on my supermoto..

I rode the F6B, at 10am. It's a beautiful, comfortable, smooth machine. My CBR 1100xx felt like a bicycle compared to it.

Peak Powersports Demo Ride - 4325 Harvester Road, Burlington

May 23-24 Victory Demo Days 9am - 4 pm

June 14-15 Indian Demo Day 9am - 5 pm

BMW Demo Day - WOMEN only

Orangeville – Sunday May 25, 2014
Location: Best Western in Orangeville, Ontario, close to highway 9 and highway 10
RSVP Contact: Liz Jansen
liz@lizjansen.com
519-943-1131

Last edited:
I rode the cb500x, I thought the engine was torquey but the delivery felt numb and electronic, everything was easy and clean, actually a little jerky. I did pull a strong whealy on take off and it pulls... The position was too upright. I want something more inviting. The 500r maybe night have made up for some of the faults with a more intense position?

Overall the engine feels buzzy over 6000 and redlined before 8000. I want smooth power

hey...do you have a link for this demo day

i cant seem to find it on their website

I don't think it's on their website yet. I just know because I was at the dealer a few times and we usually help them out with demo days.

Thanks for the info.... Do you know if they have any age/ license restrictions?

Thanks for the info.... Do you know if they have any age/ license restrictions?

I don't know actually. It might depend on the bike(s) you want to demo. They might have a restriction on the S1000RR and R. I would call them to find out. You definitely have to call and book a spot. I know they specifically invite people that are potential customers.

Most of them didn't have any listed. I want to ride an 848/EVO or 899 panigale and a Monster. Anyone know of any happening in London soon? I think I'll ask at InglisCycle next time I'm in the area.

The Harley demo is this Saturday in London. Harley's and Ducati's are both V-twins, so practically identical experience ya?

I rode the CBR500RA at 1pm and then the CBR600RR at 2pm.

The 500 was nice, the light weight was refreshing coming from my GSX650F (500lbs wet). Power was adequate, but the engine wasn't as smooth as I'm used to on my inline 4. Didn't really get to open it up that much (too much traffic and lights). The riding position was more aggressive than the standard position of my GSXF, but not so much that it would be uncomfortable. I quite liked it actually.

The 600 was a blast as it was my first time on an SS. Riding position way more aggressive than I'm used to, but surprisingly it was not uncomfortable at all. Power delivery was so smooth, and very easy to handle at slow speeds. Now I can see why some people can start off riding an SS and be ok with it if they have good throttle control. The bike was yearning to be opened up though but again, due to traffic and lots of lights, I never really got to wind out the engine at all. Would have liked to test ride the 600 on a highway or something.

Had a great time at Ready Powersports.

I rode the cb500x, I thought the engine was torquey but the delivery felt numb and electronic, everything was easy and clean, actually a little jerky. I did pull a strong whealy on take off and it pulls... The position was too upright. I want something more inviting. The 500r maybe night have made up for some of the faults with a more intense position?

Overall the engine feels buzzy over 6000 and redlined before 8000. I want smooth power

Yeah, I kept revving the 600 at stoplights and was grinning uncontrollably.

I believe you were right behind me at 2 pm....i was on the white cbr500

I rode the CBR500RA at 1pm and then the CBR600RR at 2pm.

The 500 was nice, the light weight was refreshing coming from my GSX650F (500lbs wet). Power was adequate, but the engine wasn't as smooth as I'm used to on my inline 4. Didn't really get to open it up that much (too much traffic and lights). The riding position was more aggressive than the standard position of my GSXF, but not so much that it would be uncomfortable. I quite liked it actually.

The 600 was a blast as it was my first time on an SS. Riding position way more aggressive than I'm used to, but surprisingly it was not uncomfortable at all. Power delivery was so smooth, and very easy to handle at slow speeds. Now I can see why some people can start off riding an SS and be ok with it if they have good throttle control. The bike was yearning to be opened up though but again, due to traffic and lots of lights, I never really got to wind out the engine at all. Would have liked to test ride the 600 on a highway or something.

Had a great time at Ready Powersports.

Hey Alvin!!

Alvin! It's nice to hear from a fellow gsx650f rider. I test rode the cbr600rr as well on Saturday morning and had a blast as well. I find the clutch (in addition to the riding experience) quite effortless. I loved the way the cbr handled the corners. Wished the route had more twisties.

Are you planning to upgrade? I am thinking if for next season. Some of the potentials include: gsxr750, ducati streetfighter 848, zx6r, street triple and now the cbr. I know I know it's a mix of nakeds and faired, but like to check out the nakeds as well to see how they do.

Last edited:
Yeah, this will be my second full season with the GSXF now, so I'm looking to change bikes in the fall (tentatively, if finances allow). I'd love to get a Street Triple or the Yamaha MT-07 or MT-09. Maybe even an SV650, if I can find a reasonably priced naked one. After test riding the CBR500RA, I'm throwing that onto my list as well. I'd like to buy used but the CBR500s are too new to have much on the used market, and the Yamaha's won't be available used.

Basically, I want something light (I miss how easy my old 2008 Ninja 250r was to handle).

I'm ruling out SS bikes for now due to 1) cost of insurance and 2) long distance comfort.

Right now I'm leaning more towards the smaller displacement engines because I can be more rev-happy and still remain at (relatively) legal speeds. More fun to ride a slow bike quickly!

Alvin! It's nice to hear from a fellow gsx650f rider. I test rode the cbr600rr as well on Saturday morning and had a blast as well. I find the clutch (in addition to the riding experience) quite effortless.

Are you planning to upgrade? I am thinking if for next season. Some of the potentials include: gsxr750, ducati streetfighter 848, zx6r, street triple and now the cbr.

I know I know it's a mix of nakeds and faired, but like to check out the nakeds as well to see how they do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom