Best Insurance Options for New Rider? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Insurance Options for New Rider?

dizturb3d

Hey everyone, just wanting to get some information from some knowledgeable people who know what they are talkin about... I'm 22 years old, don't have my license yet.. I want to start with my bike license and what I'm wondering is when I go write the test and walk out of there...(i want to start riding that day if its possible lol).. if I was to buy say a 2001 ex500 what kind of insurance rates am I looking at yearly in London? What would be the more quicker street bike type options because I've road dirt bikes my whole life and a 125 is gonna get on my nerves after about a week lol... I never really speed but I was reading these lower 200-250cc enduros top speed is like 80mph and thats alright.. but I'm lookin for something with good acceleration more then anything, nothing crazy but enough to have some fun on an open road.. thanks a lot and any opinions/information is helpful!

I've never had a license of any kind including car license, I want to start with a bike.. some might think thats crazy but i've been on the road my whole life i got a lot of experience on the street

TD MM are really fair from what I could find. First year CBR125R M2/M was $617/year

TD Quoted me $7850/yr on my 89 gsxr 750 :lmao:

new rider less than a years of xp? if you have your g'g for 5 years then sf is for you.

new rider less than a years of xp? if you have your g'g for 5 years then sf is for you.

He can't go with SF due to this line in his post...

I've never had a license of any kind including car license, I want to start with a bike

the quote said 400$ for a 2004 ex250 with list value of 1800 and 200k liability lol - wayyyyy to much for me.. i dont want to pay over 300 that would be horrible considering you gotta pay it the months of the year that you arent even riding..

the quote said 400$ for a 2004 ex250 with list value of 1800 and 200k liability lol - wayyyyy to much for me.. i dont want to pay over 300 that would be horrible considering you gotta pay it the months of the year that you arent even riding..

Oh you're talking per month, you had me freaking out there for a minute. Try looking at a bike under 400cc, it should be under 3000/year. A Ninja 300 is far from boring. And it's way more fun to ride a small bike fast than a big bike at the speed limit.

200k liability is very very very low

I'll take "there's more to that story for $500" Alex

Nope, did an online quote and that's what it spit out. 25, no tickets, no points, 8 years with a full G. Got my M1 last month. That may be why, but from $8k to $1.8 is a huge difference

200k liability is very very very low

No it's not. This has been discussed at length; if you do real damage, $1,000,000 is incredibly low too. If you seriously injure someone, and are found liable, you'll be screwed no matter how much insurance you have. If you don't, then you're probably just looking at, at worst, a written off Corolla or two, and some physio or something for the drivers, easily covered by $200,000.

No it's not. This has been discussed at length; if you do real damage, $1,000,000 is incredibly low too. If you seriously injure someone, and are found liable, you'll be screwed no matter how much insurance you have. If you don't, then you're probably just looking at, at worst, a written off Corolla or two, and some physio or something for the drivers, easily covered by $200,000.

decided on going with a 1981 xs400 cafe racer style, grabbing it tomorrow... im gonna pay whatever it takes -my dad said he would put me as secondary rider but wouldn't he need his full motorcycle license in order to do that?! he hasn't had a license to ride in years lol..

Last edited:
TD is **** for new riders. I was quoted in that neighbourhood for my 83 GSX400

How long ago? within the last 2 years they've been cutting prices for new drivers and small bikes to be highly competitive in the market.

$617/year cbr125r 1200km with M1 rider just getting his M2. I'd say that's pretty good considering everywhere else was 3k and up after M2.

How long ago? within the last 2 years they've been cutting prices for new drivers and small bikes to be highly competitive in the market.

$617/year cbr125r 1200km with M1 rider just getting his M2. I'd say that's pretty good considering everywhere else was 3k and up after M2.

Was that the quote from the online tool? I've had my M2 for a year now, still getting quotes well over $3000/year, and I live in Pickering now (used to live in Hamilton, which was the same rating as Toronto basically.)

How old is the rider? Where do they live?

Back
Top Bottom