New rider from Toronto | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider from Toronto

Welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycling :D

I get my bike delivered Friday.....I'm sure my story will be very similar!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck! I just finished a second ride to visit a friend. Dealt with starting on some small rises and, of course, the dark. It was pretty nice actually. One thing to watch for (mentioned by my wife, who was driving behind me) is that I had to press quite hard on the back brake to trigger the brake light. It often wouldn't come on at all when slowing or sitting at a light, even when I was resting my toe on the pedal. I may have to adjust the switch for more sensitivity.

Good luck! I just finished a second ride to visit a friend. Dealt with starting on some small rises and, of course, the dark. It was pretty nice actually. One thing to watch for (mentioned by my wife, who was driving behind me) is that I had to press quite hard on the back brake to trigger the brake light. It often wouldn't come on at all when slowing or sitting at a light, even when I was resting my toe on the pedal. I may have to adjust the switch for more sensitivity.

Do that, Jimmy, and do it soon. It's an easy adjustment, and it's one of the most overlooked ways with which we can communicate to other motorists. I believe that most motorists are reactive, and that fact that we don't have more collisions probably has more to do with modern brakes that driving skill. Motorists know they have to push the right pedal or the left pedal, and they take the cue from the red light, or absence of red light directly in front of them. NOTHING can guarantee our safety, but making sure your brakelight shows when you slow down or while your stopped can certainly help.

Thanks Emefef -- looked up the process in the manual & it looks really simple. I've been parked the last few days thanks to work and weather, but will definitely make the adjustment next time I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom