New rider from Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider from Toronto

Hi all -- I've been lurking here for several months and have really benefitted from all the useful information on the site! I'm a totally new rider (took the rider training course last summer) and recently acquired my first bike, a 2013 CB500XA. Haven't taken delivery yet, but keen to see the start of a new riding season!

welcome

Jimmy- I got the same bike and take delivery in 3-4 weeks weather permitting! Enjoy the bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was your bike subject to the recall on the rocker arm sealing shaft bolt? I just had the warranty work done last week.

Welcome!

Pick yourself up a copy of the book "Twist of the Wrist 2" - it's invaluable with the information it provides, the cornering bible as some call it! :D

Welcome, nice bike! I bet you can't wait to get out & ride like all the rest of us on here!

Thanks all for the welcome & advice. I picked up Ienatsch's Sport Riding Techniques - I'll have to check out Twist of the Wrist 2! Riding weather can't arrive soon enough...

First ride on the new bike today, and it was a thrill. Bike was delivered around 1:30 today. Dithered for about an hour before getting out there. Does the bike have tires? Check. Are they inflated? Check. Is the oil present? Check.

All right. Time to get my gear. Crap. Why does my face shield have sticker goo on it? That won't do -- have to clean the shield. Okay, jacket on, keys in pocket. Damn...what are all these beads? Oh -- poked the silica packet in my new jacket with my keys. Empty pocket, now I have to pee.

Refreshed. Gotta get out there before traffic picks up. Really nervous about traffic. The bikes in the course had no traffic (and no mirrors, turn signals or horns). But I live downtown and there will never be no traffic, so here goes one block. Not too bad. Okay, let's try going down to the waterfront. Holy s**t, I'm on Lakeshore going 60k!

Breathe. Get off at Cherry and meander down Unwin Drive. Lots of dust and gravel on the road, but keep things slow and the bike upright.

Take a break and call my wife to brag.

Back home via Eastern. Park, shut off the engine, and buy a coffee. Feeling elated, so buy the homeless guy outside a coffee too.

Was it perfect? Far from it. Was it fun? Absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom