Cruisers and sport bikes | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cruisers and sport bikes

Hehe that's sort of what happens on here. Who went where.

••••

Basically you go to the drive through at MacDoc's and order a burgman

and it's fast...:D
.....service that is....we aim to please.

I think we should plan a group solo ride. I'm finally seeing some likeminded people here...

Maybe we could meet up for coffee, all go in separate directions for a week and get back together in the same place for breakfast to tell our stories.

:)

I like that idea :).

I am mostly solo but sometimes long for company on the boring but sometimes necessary super-slab stretches. And company help me control myself from staying too long out or wandering too far.

I like riding for comfort, thats why i choose standard bikes for long distance touring. I choose a riding partner based on how
far/long they can go on the saddle without stopping, similar bikes will have similar mileage, sport bikes usually need to stop often for gas but not all. One question i ask is the use of earplugs, those who don't use them, haven't really ridden far enough.
There is more to finding a perfect riding partner, you may find someone who rides like you but can't take the same time off as you.

Yeah - because I'm flexible I usually fit around the schedules of other riders.
I was happy tagging along with others when I was just getting back into over night trips....was not sure how I would do after a long layoff from longer trips.

Still not sure given how my hands feel.

If there is a comm pair up ( I like Sena now is universal ) I'm more likely to buddy up as it makes the boring stretches easy and makes stops for food etc easier.

But I'd say I'm tipped to solo at this point so I can go at my own pace and timing...I like riding very early in the morning and sometimes at night to make distance on the slab.

I can make snap decisions to say go to PA instead of Annapolis for instance this last fall. I did enjoy a ride down with another rider going further...

The more isolated tho...the more I'd prefer a buddy....that in particular applies here in Aus.

If there is phone coverage or it's reasonably popular area I'm more comfortable on my own.
Exploring some of the edges of Quebec's pavement with Daught was better together in my view.

Also now I'm doing higher end photography - that's a drag for a buddy tho one rider here is fine with it as he figures he doesn't stop and see the scenery enough.

One question i ask is the use of earplugs, those who don't use them, haven't really ridden far enough.

Hadn't thought of that before - that's a good question to ask...

I can relate to some of your comments. I started on easy-peasy "standards" (CB500), progressed to uncomfortable sport-tourers (SV1000S, K1200RS), dabbled in top-heavy adventure bikes (KLR650, Tiger 955i) and then transitioned back to a simple upright standard (CB750). The majority of rides seem to be either too fast (and quite frankly illegal), crowded (12+ hooligans), or way too slow and boring. Almost never an 'in-between' ride for folks with sport-tourers, sport-adventure-tourers, and standards/nakeds.

I can relate to some of your comments. I started on easy-peasy "standards" (CB500), progressed to uncomfortable sport-tourers (SV1000S, K1200RS), dabbled in top-heavy adventure bikes (KLR650, Tiger 955i) and then transitioned back to a simple upright standard (CB750). The majority of rides seem to be either too fast (and quite frankly illegal), crowded (12+ hooligans), or way too slow and boring. Almost never an 'in-between' ride for folks with sport-tourers, sport-adventure-tourers, and standards/nakeds.

Well let's remedy that. Demon Pig started a sport touring group on the "we ride" app. Should be reasonable rides, less ego (hopefully). Booya led a fall colours ride last fall, enjoyable day, and nobody in the ditch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did start it, however, no one's replying in there, even though it's got over 50 members.

Probably will be more effective to post here after all, as usual.

I do more aggressive riding with one of my best friends.

When in a group, I prefer a mid-pace. Not boring but somewhat controlled, without blasting full throttle through little towns. I don't mind stopping at interesting places either. Attention seeking is not on my list.

I am on Twisted Throttle as well but that is hit and miss and a bit overstructured.

Main reason I don't post more rides is my horrible memory. :)

Anyhow, I'll cook something up and post it in the ride section.

Back
Top Bottom