MCN Fantasy Road Race 2014 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MCN Fantasy Road Race 2014

The best strategy seems to be having a race winner + pts scorer. There doesn't seem to be any point in having a balanced team of mid-field pts scorers.

The only twist we'll have for the rest of the season is if Marquez, Rabat or Miller somehow crash out.

I had to make some team changes, Moto3 was killing me.

I had Kharudin before Argentina and he had done nothing all year, made a switch to Kornfeil and of course he crashed on the first lap. Zarco keeps qualifying well but not to strong in the actual race, either crash or wrong tire choice.

Regarding point scoring, is there a -1 point for Lorenzo's false start in Round 2? I thought the only penalty was a ride through the pits.

I just created a spreadsheet to keep track of my teams. However when I calculate it, Jorge Lorenzo gets 28 points, but in the Fantasy League he gets 27.

Round 1, 1 point: Qual 5 (1 pt), DNF (0 pt)
Round 2, 7 points: Qual 5 (1 pt), Finish 10 (6 pt)
Round 3, 20 points: Qual 2 (4 pt), Finish 3 (16 pt)

Total 28 points

Here's how the points are calculated http://mcn.fantasyleague.com/Article.aspx?id=103

Last edited:
Apart from the serial podium finishers, the last free practice does help to figure out who possible point scorers could be. Unfortunately for me Folger who was the fastest in Moto2 FP3 only scored 1 pt in the Race... QQ

Apart from the serial podium finishers, the last free practice does help to figure out who possible point scorers could be. Unfortunately for me Folger who was the fastest in Moto2 FP3 only scored 1 pt in the Race... QQ

I thought that he was going to be better this year.

I am pretty happy I didn't pick Rins in Round 1. He hasn't done much at all in Moto3 yet.

I thought that Rins was going to walk away with it this year, I don't follow to much off season stuff so when I saw that Miller was expensive I was wondering why as he was always underpowered last year and then at rd1 realized it's cause of the new team.

Yeah I new miller would be good as he was always at the front at the beginning of races before the KTMs left him behind. However, he was an unknown quantity on that bike so I went with Marquez and he was regularly on podium and won his last race.

RPMoto has dethroned Muzzy Kawasaki

VEkwFC7.gif

About time I got past him. Zarco finally finished a race and got me some points.

My first year following the MotoGP Calender, I didn't know Assen Quali & Race were held a day earlier. Missed my change window :(

Last minute change from Rabat to Kallio paid off, who would've though Aegerter would be #1

edit: I also changed from Fenati to Miller. (skygods saved me on that one too)

Last edited:
I screwed up the last two races, I failed to change my riders. I usually wait till FP3 to gauge how well the Moto2 & Moto3 riders' pace look like. But it also means I have to wake up really early... and I've slept in the last two races.

I'm not sure what else to do, because you never know if a rider gets injured during FP3... probably better to go with someone else.

@N3WMAN is +100pts clear of me :(

Back
Top Bottom