Is it okay to have my battery connected now without running it much? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it okay to have my battery connected now without running it much?

wideiris

I pulled the bike out of the garage on Friday as I was itching to ride. All went really well (holy F-ng potholes!). Battery was on a trickle charger and is good, but now I'm back to work this week and won't be able to ride much, if at all, until the weather gets better. Is the battery okay, or do I need to go for a hard ride this week, or take it out?

Thanks guys.

Left mine plugged in all winter... Praying to Zeus that it'll charge back up.

I pulled the bike out of the garage on Friday as I was itching to ride. All went really well (holy F-ng potholes!). Battery was on a trickle charger and is good, but now I'm back to work this week and won't be able to ride much, if at all, until the weather gets better. Is the battery okay, or do I need to go for a hard ride this week, or take it out?

Thanks guys.

It will be fine. If it is dead, or too weak to last, during the short period, (say 4 - 6 weeks) until your riding regularly then it should be replaced anyway as it will likely let you down when your out on a ride with no way to get home.

Left my sealed gel unit in my motorcycle all winter long. Took a risk for the first time since 1987! Started her last weekend after 5 months of hibernation. She fired right up! You're fine.

My zx6r manual says if she won't take a charge at all, you can hook it up to 25v source for no longer then 5 minutes, then switch back to 12v charge. Should help it start charging. This is only if it will not draw current whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom