Where to get good moly grease (6o% moly or more) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get good moly grease (6o% moly or more)

dirtbag

Just learned the hard way that the splines on the rear end of my G Wing need to be greased with at least 60% moly. Dow Corning's Molykote G-n paste has 70%. Anyone know where to get it?

Can I get high quality moly grease at auto parts stores?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I got moly grease from crappy tire. Don't know the % though

I get my moly grease at my local Honda dealer. Sure it costs a little more, but you don't need that much for the splines. A small tube will be enough for two or three applications.

I bought the honda moly as well, not cheap but one tube will last. As soon as I read up on the rear splines etc. I went to honda right away, I wasn't sure when the PO had it done last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get my moly grease at my local Honda dealer.

I bought the honda moly as well, not cheap but one tube will last.

John Parker @ Budds BMW directed me to Honda 60. He uses it, I use it, it must be good. I order thru Sturgess Cycle, not usually in stock.

I picked mine up at Barrie Honda, they had lots in stock.

08798-9010CH is the Honda part# for Moly Kote 77.

Every Honda dealer should carry it in stock.

Thanks all for the info. According to the molyslip website there are two suppliers just down the street from where I work.
It says AS/65 is an engine assembly paste but it has the required moly content so I think I might try that.

Turns out London is a moly free zone. The bike shops don't carry it. I'ved called just about every auto parts and speed and custom shop in London, including the numerous ones specifically called out on the molyslip website. Nada.

Hully Gully the Honda Powersport dealership only had "suzuki paste" and couldn't tell me the percentage.

The search continues.......

Email molyslip, they are very helpful , I needed one specific grease from them and the dealer didn't stock it and they shipped it to the deal at no charge

Email molyslip, they are very helpful , I needed one specific grease from them and the dealer didn't stock it and they shipped it to the deal at no charge

I'm hoping so I emailed them earlier today.

Turns out London is a moly free zone. The bike shops don't carry it. I'ved called just about every auto parts and speed and custom shop in London, including the numerous ones specifically called out on the molyslip website. Nada.

Hully Gully the Honda Powersport dealership only had "suzuki paste" and couldn't tell me the percentage.

Go to the Honda car dealers in London, they will carry it for sure.

Molyslip. I dropped into their office, was passing by anyway, last spring and snagged some AS 65 for the BMW's splines. IIRC the guy said I could have picked it up at NAPA, or NAPA could get it in for me.

Thanks for the latest info. I will call both NAPA and some honda car dealers tomorrow.

I did find a Home Hardware that would order it in for me but an 85 gram tube (think small tube of toothpaste) is 38$. The weathers cold enough that I can spend a bit more time looking before I'm ready for a gooning like that.

I'm going Wednesday to get the new Dunlop E3 spun on so I'll have get moving shortly......

Again thanks to All for the help.

FYI, Hully Gully is not the Honda Powersport dealership... that is further North on Wharncliffe, up near Teppermans and the Jag dealership.

http://www.forestcityhonda.com/

Last edited:
... but an 85 gram tube (think small tube of toothpaste) is 38$.

That 3 oz is enough to lube a lot of spines (IIRC I paid 25 under the counter). If you were closer I'd trade what you need for a coffee. ;)

Thanks All,

Just picked up a tube of honda moly77 grease that London Honda ordered in for me. 75grams 19$ + tax. Thanks for the part number Jayv.
Also got a new Dunlop Elite 3 spun on this morning so there is no excuse not to get this thing back together, barring a big dump of snow and the need to get the Kawi 440 Invader back out.....

Back
Top Bottom