bringing a bike back from the usa | GTAMotorcycle.com

bringing a bike back from the usa

ya i can see how it gets frustrating now when people ask the same things... especially on this topic... it probably has the best sticky ever.

lol....what a joke"frustrating"...and "read the damn stickies"...i used to be on this site over 10yrs ago....and still nothings changed here i see.....

Send (fax) a copy of the ownership to the US Border 72 hours in advance of the time you plan on bringing the bike over and keep the fax reciept. Go buy the bike, write a bill of sale for you and the previous owner to sign. Drive back to the border. Take your ownership to the US side first, they will be rude to you for a few minutes and make you wait for no reason while they blab to their colleagues, once the conversation gets stale they will ask you wtf you want and you tell them you want them to stamp your American ownership so you can take the bike to Canada. Show them your fax receipt it will speed things up. They will stamp the American ownership then you drive to the Canadian side and pay your taxes on the bike. Pay your RIV fee and take the bike to Canadian tire for inspection. Take all the paperwork and go to MTO. And voila.

lol....what a joke"frustrating"...and "read the damn stickies"...i used to be on this site over 10yrs ago....and still nothings changed here i see.....

The only thing wrong with the import sticky is that too many people were too lazy to read what was already there and asked the same question again.

Freestyle 72 makes a less than complete explanation of the process. You have the potential of saving thousands so why not read up?

I imported my first ZX7R back in 1999 when I'd never even heard of a motorcycle forum and had no one to ask other than the information provided on the RIV website. Even with such limited resources I was able to figure it out.... easily....

Kids these days....

thanks guys got it figured out easy breezy, for the guys that like to get cocky on a keyboard...remember you could be talkin to someone like me on the other end....take care peeps. if any of you recognize me on here,the answer is"yes" i did compete in the canadian all strength challenge for several years.

Attachments

• 944133_188929434600391_914708008_n.jpg
    944133_188929434600391_914708008_n.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
thanks guys got it figured out easy breezy, for the guys that like to get cocky on a keyboard...remember you could be talkin to someone like me on the other end....take care peeps. if any of you recognize me on here,the answer is"yes" i did compete in the canadian all strength challenge for several years.

I think you scared everyone away from the thread, big guy...

Everyone's always scared of everyone else online, that's why I'm scared and like to ride alone. Well, not really. Most people are ***** and I dislike them lol.

This guy seems like he likes to talk big all the time, yet say everyone else like to. If you can't beat them, then join them, right?

I also like to occasionally hang out at the gym and I know first hand the only reason people like to work out and get "big" is because they feel bad and insecure about themselves and need an "injection" (get the reference?) to their self esteem.

BTW, this is me.

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Young-Photos-20.jpg

You scared yet?

Probably not, cause as most people know, builders and lifters cant fight worth ****.

Everyone's always scared of everyone else online, that's why I'm scared and like to ride alone. Well, not really. Most people are ***** and I dislike them lol.

This guy seems like he likes to talk big all the time, yet say everyone else like to. If you can't beat them, then join them, right?

I also like to occasionally hang out at the gym and I know first hand the only reason people like to work out and get "big" is because they feel bad and insecure about themselves and need an "injection" (get the reference?) to their self esteem.

Thanks for the lesson on why people like to work out and get big. The majority of people who say what you did are the ones that couldn't look like that even with roids. When you pull your head out of your ass go to a real gym and look again. I'm not talking the local hipster go check out the girls gym either. Some people go to the gym for personal satisfaction. Not everyone cares about what others think.

While his post was idiotic and no one cares who's big or talkin smack on the Internet, yours was just as stupid.

Op the reason there are stickies is for highly covered topics like this one. Next time just read up first is all.

need some advice if anyone here has brought a bike back from the states....what documentation do i need to make things go smoothly at customs....any help is appreciated.
More info - Are you planning to register it in Canada? is it a track/race bike

Edit: lol - big guys just fall harder :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom