M1 - valid for 60 days min, 90 days max?! | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 - valid for 60 days min, 90 days max?!

DECIMIS

"You must stay at Level One for a minimum of 60 days from the day you obtain your M1 licence, after which you may attempt the Level One road test."
"The M1 licence is only good for 90 days..."
-The official MTO motorcycle handbook, page 12

I am signed up for the MSF course in mid-april, but am only getting my M1 now. So when I complete the introductary course, it supposed to gtraduate you to Level Two (M2). But I will not have had my M1 for minimum 60 days (it'll be more like 45).

I knew you only had your M1 for 90 days, but I thought this gave you a 90 day window to graduate.

Please tell me I have interpreted something incorrectly. If you pass your test before 60 days, does that count, and at day 60 you can take your proof of pass and get upgraded?

Thank you kindly in advance for your time. It's much appreciated!

Yes, if you complete your course prior to the 60 day mark you just bring the paperwork to the Drivetest center on the 61st day and they will process it.

Yah what Lunatic said. Where are you doing your MSF course by the way?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BIG BIG BIG thing -- If you do it under 60 days, DO NOT open the sealed envelope they give you if you pass, as that invalidates it. Simply hold on to it until you hit day 60 or 61, then go into a drive test office and hand it to them.

Totally forgot to mention that. If you do open the envelope get ready to make s lot of phone calls back and forth lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Whew! I'm happy I asked and am thrilled with the responses! Learned something very important here. Thanks so much guys, you really saved me some frustration and aggrivation!

I'll be doing it at Durham College during the easter weekend! :)

Thanks again!

Durham is a CSC course, not MSF. Just sayin'
BTW, that DOES not affect any of the other correct information already provided.

Thanks for the clarification, Emefef. I thought MSF was just the general term used for any introductory motorcycle safety course. But after your post I looked into it, and realize Motorcycle Safety Foundation is a registered trademark!

This was like me calling all snowmobiles Ski-doo's.

It's embarrassing, so thanks! :)

It's embarrassing, so thanks! :)

Don't be embarrassed - it's common. We're constantly bombarded by media from the U.S. The Canada Safety Council has a tough time promoting the "Gearing Up" branded course, because riders here usually think about the location they took the course, not recognizing that the majority of them are CSC courses.

Back
Top Bottom