Daytona 200 TV Coverage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daytona 200 TV Coverage

kneedragger88

Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
It's going to a rough year no moto gp / SBK/ and now this ,funny though Thursday nights in the summer you can find 100-200 sport bikes at a tim's so people are buying SS bikes but a guess no interest in watching races….

AMA is in deep trouble.

"It's a serious statement when the owner of a racing series has enough money to actually buy his own network, but his races aren't on any form of conventional television"

That says it all. DMG and the France family care only to destroy anything that is not Nascar while trying to act like they care. They claim that CBS Sports was the latest problem and that they wouldn't continue with AMA because nobody was watching. That is imo pure nonsense, particularly after watching a round of 'Snowcross' on CBS sports recently. If people are watching that.... well....

More realistic is the possibility that DMG is pricing the rights into oblivion while doing nothing in the meantime to promote the series. It has been an almost unfathomable fall from viable gateway to WSBK/MotoGP, to a now essentially irrelevant regional series (all rounds on east coast)

Seriously no California round.. despite the majority of US motorcycle sales occurring in that state!

All you have to do is look at the one AMA sanctioned asset DMG couldn't get their hands on... Supercross... wildly successful I would say.

/rant

WHy SPeed dropped racebikes is way beyond me....but they'll show reruns of Pimp My Ride all year long. WTF

Don't forget 20+ hours of NASCAR coverage on the weekends... lol, and they don't even have the ACTUAL races on SPEED. It's a joke.
For those of you who are losing SPEED just get the MotoGP season pass, other then that, you're not missing *****

I was skeptical about having to watch the Daytona 200 on the internet and disappointed in Speed TV or whatever they will be calling Fox Sports. However, the broadcast on FANSCHOICE was really well done. Just imagine the entire 200 without Speed's idiotic commercial s for "Pinks all out" or "who wants to throw a redneck down the stairs" or the other crap that they advertise ad nauseum. Speed or any other broadcast would never have shown the leader giving the "stare" and then the finger to another rider. I look forward to watching the rest of the AMA Superbike races on FansChoice. I even tuned in early on Friday night to watch the AMA Daytona short track races. parillaguy

I watched the Daytona 200 on FansChoice and was very happy. Sure, there were some minor production issues, but the price was right (free) and... it was an amazing race! I was on the edge of my seat for the first half (until 2 of the four riders crashed in the lead), it was really exciting and entertaining!

Great coverage!

I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who watched it.

Enjoyed it, better for me being anti social that I can watch it at home

Too bad the video quality sucks. It says 720p but not really!

Back
Top Bottom