Single Parents and Riding | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Single Parents and Riding

Accidents are usually caused by cagers. Tell him to save his lectures for the unfocused ******** who talk on a phone or text while driving.

I don't understand why it would be different for a single or non single parent? People that judge because you ride a big bad dangerous motorcycle usually have no clue what they're talking about

It's ok to admit big bad motorcycles are dangerous. Even if you ride one. Because some people don't ride doesn't mean they can't know it too.

I'm not saying they can't be but so can cars. So for anyone to say you're a single parent don't ride, drive, leave your room etc because you have kids is plain stupid.

I'm not saying they can't be but so can cars. So for anyone to say you're a single parent don't ride, drive, leave your room etc because you have kids is plain stupid.

Nobody can tell anybody what to do, I agree. But that's different from making comments about choices. Unless you advocate political correctness. Some people are too sensitive. Like, if you're hanging from the balcony by your fingertips I should be able to say "Hey, that's not so smart" And if I'm feeling particularly bullish I might even say "Hey, don't do that" Would that hurt your feelings? If yes, go see Dr. Feelgood.

edit, oh pardon me, I just re-read the original post. It was the quantity of "looks" that was of concern.

Last edited:
the problem is the fact that motorcycles are dangerious,and as a single parent you have more of a responsability to try and minimize the danger you put yourself in,every time you ride you take a chance of injury or death,leaving the children without a parent.

Lots of single parents work with heavy machinery at work. Lots of single parents are tower climbers. Life is full of dangers.

And don't forget, you can get hit by a bus crossing the street. That's always a good one to throw back at a suicide bomber.

Lots of single parents work with heavy machinery at work. Lots of single parents are tower climbers. Life is full of dangers.
I dont think its the same IMO,but what ever the op wanted oponions I gave mine.yes life is full of dangers why add more especially a single parent.

I will be honest, I ride and I dont see the big issue riding when you are a single parent. But you are asking on a motorcycle forum so I am sure the views on here will be biased. My significant other does not like the idea that I ride, but she understands that I enjoy it. As long you are not intentionally putting yourself in harms way(excessive speed etc) then I say go for it.

Since the kids came the wife doesnt come on rides with me to avoid both of us being hurt in an accident. I also carry extra life insurance and disability insurance for myself (in addition to whats provided at work).

yes, but do you need to add to the dangers, or can one minimize the risk of something happening...

OP, just do what you thinks is best for you and the child\children, if you have a good shouldr on your head I am sure you will do just fine......it's the others we have to worry about, and you can never predict on what they are going to do.....

I have been lucky to not have an accident on my bike, but I have been hit while in my car 3 times.....go figure....

Back
Top Bottom