Speeding Ticket in NY State | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding Ticket in NY State

KAZvelo

Hey,

I got a speeding ticket this past weekend in upstate NY. I live in Ontario

Travelling 59 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. I was in a car, but I don't want this to affect my bike insurance.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

The ticket says that a fine or penalty is assessed AFTER I plead guilty, so I don't even know what I'm looking at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey,

I got a speeding ticket this past weekend in upstate NY. I live in Ontario

Travelling 59 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. I was in a car, but I don't want this to affect my bike insurance.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

The ticket says that a fine or penalty is assessed AFTER I plead guilty, so I don't even know what I'm looking at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The officer should have given you a court date right away... if so if it was anything like the ticket I got in Niagara falls, NY then you go into the court, and what they did was reduce to a parking ticket so it doesn't affect your insurance. They do this, so they keep the funds in the county and not the state. If you don't have that option and you are convicted then unfortunately it will affect your insurance here, as the systems are tied.

Failing to pay or respond to the ticket will lead to an arrest warrant in Upstate NY. I have family that ignored a speeding ticket in NY, and was thrown in jail on a subsequent stop.

All tickets affect all your vehicle insurance....

Only way to go here is fight it in their court.

The officer should have given you a court date right away... if so if it was anything like the ticket I got in Niagara falls, NY then you go into the court, and what they did was reduce to a parking ticket so it doesn't affect your insurance. They do this, so they keep the funds in the county and not the state. If you don't have that option and you are convicted then unfortunately it will affect your insurance here, as the systems are tied.

when was your ticket? im pretty sure they closed that loophole in fall.

Back
Top Bottom