Need easier Clutching | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need easier Clutching

Lever finally arrived yesterday, – last night temperature plummeted 20 degrees and snowed, so still have to wait to try it.

one thing – how the heck do i install it ????

any instructions with pictures ?

Its originally designed as a stunt clutch, so short will only allow you to use your index finger alone on it, maybe 2 fingers if you have skinny *** fingers.....So for people that like to use more then one or 2 fingers on their clutch, then he recommends a XL lever because its longer, and the closest to the length of a stock lever.....Imagine your stock lever with 3" cut off of it, thats probably too short for you as a street bike correct? Well then you want XL just like he said

7/8" or 1" is dead simple most bikes come with 7/8" diameter handle bars, some cruzers and other bikes come with 1" bars....So dead simple if your bars are 7/8" dia your need 7/8" clutch and vise versa for the 1" if that is what you have on your bike...

Bushing and bearing isnt a huge difference, most people wouldnt notice the difference at all because the bushing works just as good and smooth as the bearing if its lubed. When he started making them he only offered a bushing, I went ahead and added a bearing to mine, not a huge difference and I paid $5 for a bearing in that size...Personally I go bearing, but again there is really no noticeable difference in feel...

Color well thats your choice, if you got a pink bike hes got you covered

Lever finally arrived yesterday, – last night temperature plummeted 20 degrees and snowed, so still have to wait to try it.

one thing – how the heck do i install it ????

any instructions with pictures ?

No offense but if you have to ask this, you probably should have someone install if for you...Its 2 bolts and a clutch cable, takes about 5min to install....Shoot someone on here $5 or a coffee/beer and Im sure they will put it on for you....If you swung by my shop I would do it outside, you wouldnt even have to get off the bike...

Its very easy to do, if you do choose to do it yourself you'll understand how to put it together when you take the the stock one off.
Good luck hope you enjoy

thanks for the offer, but if I do wind up needing help, my neighbour can do it.

No offense but if you have to ask this, you probably should have someone install if for you...Its 2 bolts and a clutch cable, takes about 5min to install....Shoot someone on here $5 or a coffee/beer and Im sure they will put it on for you....If you swung by my shop I would do it outside, you wouldnt even have to get off the bike...

Kudos to you for staying on two wheels. I will stop riding when I'm dead!
Now, perhaps it's time to consider a Burgman or possibly one of the newer automatic motorcycles (Aprilia)? No shame in that!

Re: Need easier Clutching - RSCL will not work on honda rebel

Today the sun is out, so I went out to install the easy clutcher.

Joss Miller swore to me his RSCL would be perfect for my honda rebel. I should have asked if he KNEW it would be perfect because others have installed it on honda rebels already.

I must have wanted it so bad I got blinded and didn't see or mentally blocked out how obvious it would not work. My OEM has rear-view mirror built in but that's not the big problem. It also incorporates I believe a clutching sensor wire for some purpose, perhaps related to REVs and gear changing. Which I cannot 'transfer' to the RSCL. Now I am furious, and very very depressed. I'll have to sell the bike. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• top-640x360.jpg
    top-640x360.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
  • bottom-640x360.jpg
    bottom-640x360.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 13

DON'T PANIC

The only thing your bike uses the clutch switch for, is to allow the engine to start when you have the clutch pulled in (or more to the point, to disallow starting when the clutch is NOT pulled in and the transmission is not in neutral - think about that for a minute - if it allowed starting with those conditions met, your bike would take off by surprise).

The only consequence of not having it, is that if you stall the engine on takeoff, you will have to shift to neutral before restarting (you won't be able to start the engine when the transmission is in gear). In the real world ... except perhaps if you are a new rider who constantly stalls the engine on takeoff ... this is almost meaningless.

So with that out of the way, the only thing that needs to be found out, is whether that switch is normally open or normally closed.

Step 1: Unplug both wires from the clutch switch. You don't even have to do this with the new clutch lever installed. The purpose is only to find out what happens. Test the bike - start the engine in neutral, test-ride it. If everything seems normal - aside from that you won't be able to restart the engine with the transmission in gear and the clutch lever pulled in! - then just leave it like that, with the mental note that if you stall the engine, you will have to shift to neutral before it will allow restarting. There is probably a 90% chance that this is the way your bike is.

Failing that ... Step 2: Take a small piece of wire and jumper between the two wires that you pulled off the switch. Then do the same test as above. All this means is that your bike's circuits want that switch the other way around (normally closed, instead of normally open).

WOW, Step 1 worked Great. The two wires were easy to just pull off, test rode it and everything seems peachy keen. Tried starting in gear, would not start.

So I'll go the next and install the new lever

THANKS AGAIN

:p

WOW, Step 1 worked Great. The two wires were easy to just pull off, test rode it and everything seems peachy keen. Tried starting in gear, would not start.

So I'll go the next and install the new lever

THANKS AGAIN

:p

Yay! Keep on riding Steve.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT WORKS GREAT !

took time - 1st had to go shopping with wifie, then do house chores, THEN I was free again to put it on. Getting the old one off was tough for me, getting the cable out etc. THEN I could not pull the cable far enough so I had to get my biker neighbour to help and we finally got the cable into the new lever assembly, and

WOW - it's WAY easier to use.

happy biker today.

:)

Back
Top Bottom