State Farm Yuck | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm Yuck

cycling

Site Supporter
Called State Farm. Quote for Bike, House and car.
First words out of the Agents mouth where, "As you do not have Insurance with us, it is going to be expensive" WTF.
Where they doing me a favour? What a way to run a business.
Did not need to hear anymore. I expect a rip off.

So call another State Farm Agent

Thanks. I was under the impression that the same rules/prices applied to everybody.
Anybody have a good agent?

Thanks.

I just switched to State farm and save 50% on all my vehicle insurance, and I was doing ok with my previous insurance company. I shop around every year in search of better deals.

I try them every couple of years and I get the same thing each time. I really don't understand this business philosophy. If you are a customer you will save, if you want to be a customer but aren't already, you won't.

Thank you very much for the info.
No luck here either. Called another State Farm. All say the same with a minor conviction under 15kms. Clean license for 30 years plus.
Was also asked any convictions in the last 6 years. Only stays on your license for 3 years. WTF.
$1000 more than my current insurer. Waiting for another company to call.

Do they surcharge you if the conviction is more than 3+yrs? could you explain this better?

Do they surcharge you if the conviction is more than 3+yrs? could you explain this better?

The surcharge was instant. Not being a customer with State Farm was the surcharge. $1000. They asked what tickets I had. 2 years ago 15 under. That being said instantly put a nail in my coffin. They said any tickets no matter what would penalize me. Asking what tickets I had in the last 6 years, not good.

State farm is actually probably the best for motorcycle ins.

That really depends.

I'm in my early 30s, no tickets or accidents in over 8 years.

State Farm quoted me over $2500 for my VFR800.

Riders Plus? $1160.

The surcharge was instant. Not being a customer with State Farm was the surcharge. $1000. They asked what tickets I had. 2 years ago 15 under. That being said instantly put a nail in my coffin. They said any tickets no matter what would penalize me. Asking what tickets I had in the last 6 years, not good.

Would there be a surcharge for 6 years for those infractions or just 3 yrs?

On your drivers record for 3 yrs old though, but they would surcharge for 2x as long?

Would there be a surcharge for 6 years for those infractions or just 3 yrs?

On your drivers record for 3 yrs old though, but they would surcharge for 2x as long?

Not 100% sure. The way I looked at it was up front I was charged $1000 extra. Which to me meant that this was going to stay forever. Plus as with most insurance companies the next renewal the price would increase. To be honest, I have never heard of an insurance company lowering prices.
Hope this explains it better.

Not 100% sure. The way I looked at it was up front I was charged $1000 extra. Which to me meant that this was going to stay forever. Plus as with most insurance companies the next renewal the price would increase. To be honest, I have never heard of an insurance company lowering prices.
Hope this explains it better.

Mine did. But that was because they had my record incorrect so I was paying a high surcharge. Much less than statefarm

Mine did. But that was because they had my record incorrect so I was paying a high surcharge. Much less than statefarm

You must have done something right and the insurance company picked up on it.Good for you.

Try calling Seamus Kelly. He's in the insurance section of the site. Was very friendly and helpful.

Yes, did that. Spoke to the Lady there. Was like, "OH,got a ticket" Knew I was sunk from there.

Thanks.

$1000 surcharge just to sign up with SF? What's that a finder's fee? Do they drop your rates the 2nd yr by $1000, since now, you would already be a SF customer?
****ing ********

$1000 surcharge just to sign up with SF? What's that a finder's fee? Do they drop your rates the 2nd yr by $1000, since now, you would already be a SF customer?
****ing ********

The first State Farm Agent I spoke to made me laugh. He said more or less what you said about a surcharge. I ended the conversation with him very quickly. He was expecting me to say OK. Nuts. I think I have learnt a lesson from State Farm. Either you are with them or pay a penalty and you may join their very exclusive club. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom