Federal politics | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Federal politics

It's somewhat like the dark ages in Europe when the Catholic Church suppressed any science that contradicted their pre-conceived view of the world. (eg. organization of our solar system)

Technically he's the number 1 politician in the land, I would hope so. Have you seen how the lowly parent has to juggle facts and fiction? Give the guy some slack.

If you think that we're in good shape now then imagine what sort of shape we would be in if Harper hadn't gone on his vote buying spending spree, just after he was elected for the first time. Fortunes are made and lost during economic downturns and which way it goes, depends upon how you've positioned yourself. We were poorly positioned, and so couldn't take advantage of it. Oddly enough we would have been in a better economic position if the Liberals had still been in power because, barring the Quebec arm of the party, they have proven themselves to be better stewards of the public purse than have the Conservatives. That, alone, should be a big slap in the face to the Conservatives, but no one seems to believe the evidence of their own eyes.

Do I think that Trudeau won't raise taxes? Well he's a politician and a Liberal, so no. Do I think that he deserves a chance to keep his promises, given that the Conservatives have shown that they have no respect for us and have screwed us over for the better part of a decade? Yes. Of the two, I'll take Trudeau.

This doesn't make any sense Rob.
A Politician would never spend big "just after he was elected".
Buying votes always comes near the end of a term,
where it will be fresh peoples memories for the election.

What's made you seem so biased now?

I don't care what Harper does, spend or say to Putin or sultan of Bahrain .... every time he opens his mouth I switch a channel or turn a page in a hurry. Baird is another master piece ... equally verbally equipped I cannot have enough.

I guess these guys can only talk tough to Putin about Ukraine or Obama about Keystone .... walk the talk Mr. Harper (we know you won't ...).

Edit: I just skimmed through the Globe & Mail article or should I say propaganda ... Is Globe now Harper's paper? For crying out loud, what a disservice to the public .... no wonder this paper has been on a decline for a looooooong time.

Last edited:
This doesn't make any sense Rob.
A Politician would never spend big "just after he was elected".
Buying votes always comes near the end of a term,
where it will be fresh peoples memories for the election.

What's made you seem so biased now?

Look at their early record. Their first term spending outstripped the previous Liberal government, over the same time period, who they had lambasted over spending. The Conservatives are now spending multiples of what the Liberals did on both consultants, and self promotion via their "Canada's Action Plan" adverts.

I will admit to bias. I'm biased against liars and people who seem to enjoy spending other people's money. The Conservatives, led by Harper, lied about not wanting to spend other people's money. That puts them rather high on my disgust list.

I don't care what Harper does, spend or say to Putin or sultan of Bahrain .... every time he opens his mouth I switch a channel or turn a page in a hurry. Baird is another master piece ... equally verbally equipped I cannot have enough.

I guess these guys can only talk tough to Putin about Ukraine or Obama about Keystone .... walk the talk Mr. Harper (we know you won't ...).

Edit: I just skimmed through the Globe & Mail article or should I say propaganda ... Is Globe now Harper's paper? For crying out loud, what a disservice to the public .... no wonder this paper has been on a decline for a looooooong time.

Oh ya, Justine or Mulchair are such great alternatives......

We've already been through this. You don't want to give a guy a chance because he might lie to you, so you vote for the guy who continuously lied to you?

He votes by dogma not by reason. If some one from another party comes up with an idea he would vehemently oppose it. If some one from the conservative party later presented the idea he would say it's the next best thing to sliced bread.

He votes by dogma not by reason. If some one from another party comes up with an idea he would vehemently oppose it. If some one from the conservative party later presented the idea he would say it's the next best thing to sliced bread.

There are plenty things to dislike about Harper and the Conservative Party but what you describe is just standard partisan politics. Everybody does it to the point it's almost pointless to follow the process. It's one of the main reasons voters disengage.

There are plenty things to dislike about Harper and the Conservative Party but what you describe is just standard partisan politics. Everybody does it to the point it's almost pointless to follow the process. It's one of the main reasons voters disengage.

I'd like to see the party system abolished. Good bye partisan politics, though not practical to getting things done on a national scale.

We've already been through this. You don't want to give a guy a chance because he might lie to you, so you vote for the guy who continuously lied to you?

Oh right, you like Justin because he doesn't do attack ads, wait, what? It was you that posted about him doing attack ads. At the time I didn't say I told ya so, but I told ya so.

So, why else should Justin "be given a chance"? For the same reasons as Obama?

Maybe ... when their program fails to offer anything to me, I look at the charisma of the leader, or whether he has a "class" .... There's nobody in current PC government who has either ... Harper, Baird, Clement, Fantino (I cannot believe some of these represent the great country of Canada) .... it's really bad.

Clinton was controversial president and politician, but he would get my vote any day, regardless what party he was running for, or who he was engaging with in the after hours ... LOL ....

Oh right, you like Justin because he doesn't do attack ads, wait, what? It was you that posted about him doing attack ads. At the time I didn't say I told ya so, but I told ya so.

I've already commented on that too. Because he hasn't lied to me in office yet. Anyone who claims to be an ideological conservative, who will vote for Harper again without some serious consideration, is lying to himself about being conservative.

Back
Top Bottom