Provincial politics | Page 39 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Provincial politics

Have you noticed that states/provinces that are largely conservative are less taxed?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I can't help but compare Pennsylvania and Ontario.
Roughly the same population and roughly the same median income (12,773,801 people, $48,562 income PA; 12,851,821 people, $48,501 ON). PA has a state GDP of 570 billion, Ontario's is 608 billion (USD).

When I travel through PA, generally the roads are in much better shape than here, everything is cheaper (beer, hotels, food, gas), taxes are only 6%, and people make more to boot! That means a lot more take home than here.

I realize Ontario has OHIP which PA does not, but does that alone account for the much lower taxes?
I don't think too highly of America's health care system, but Canada's is not that great either -- we still pay a lot, and the service is terrible.

Last edited:
I- 80 runs through it. The speed limit is increased. This carries traffic from other states going east to west, just like any other highway.

I-80? You mean I-90, that cuts across the northeast corner? The States that surround Wyoming are Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, South Dakota, and Montana. There's a reason that these are referred to as "the fly-over States." Hell, the summer campers in Yellowstone probably increase the State's population by 10%.

I can't help but compare Pennsylvania and Ontario.
Roughly the same population and roughly the same median income (12,773,801 people, $48,562 income PN; 12,851,821 people, $48,501 ON). PN has a state GDP of 570 billion, Ontario's is 608 billion (USD).

When I travel through PN, generally the roads are in much better shape than here, everything is cheaper (beer, hotels, food, gas), taxes are only 6%, and people make more to boot! That means a lot more take home than here.

I realize Ontario has OHIP which PN does not, but does that alone account for the much lower taxes?
I don't think too highly of America's health care system, but Canada's is not that great either -- we still pay a lot, and the service is terrible.

Yeh, here's the kicker, you can buy Canadian beer there cheaper or almost the same price as here
I-80? You mean I-90, that cuts across the northeast corner? The States that surround Wyoming are Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, South Dakota, and Montana. There's a reason that these are referred to as "the fly-over States." Hell, the summer campers in Yellowstone probably increase the State's population by 10%.
No Rob, talking about I80 that cuts through Cheyenne to Salt Lake city.

Back on topic, even though they have increased their speed limit. Accident rates haven't increased. People become more focused on the road at higher speeds

Like I said, their traffic is minimal. There are more vehicles travelling on the short stretch of the QEW every day into Toronto than there are on all of I-80 in the same time period, I'll wager.

Is it only for those without a work pension?

I think that was the plan, but who knows what they will come up with?

ouch. this is the kinda hurt that can only get stronger.

I still can't believe they were voted back in.....I just....I ........ *facepalm gif here*

I still can't believe they were voted back in.....I just....I ........ *facepalm gif here*

Well, Liberals love everybody and they know what's better for all and well, the Cons (and don't forget Bush) are just really really really bad guys (I read that in my university class on progressivism.....).

Just gonna leave this little gem here: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/1...berals-paid-10000-to-wipe-hard-drives-opp-say

TORONTO - The spouse of a senior advisor in the office of former premier Dalton McGuinty told investigators he was paid $10,000 to wipe the computers of political staff, an OPP search warrant says.

That was already known, though I don't believe that the amount of the payment was.

It was Hudak's election to lose and he didn't disappoint, when it came to disappointing.

Ontario didn't vote in the Liberals, Toronto kept Hudak out.

Many aren't really Liberals.

They're NDP who don't want to wait for the next Bob Rae.

At the Federal level it's even worse.

Many aren't really Liberals.

They're NDP who don't want to wait for the next Bob Rae.

At the Federal level it's even worse.

Haven't you heard the news? Bob Rae was "always a Liberal." His words. I work with a lot of union members who even to this day won't vote NDP because of Rae's "betrayal." For myself, I'm a right leaning centrist, which is essentially the definition of a Progressive Conservative, and I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hudak as he tried to out Harper Harper.

Back
Top Bottom