Provincial politics | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Provincial politics

That puts him one up, in my books, so I'll either vote for his local rep or run myself, under the Rhino banner. Not sure that I could vote for myself though.

Didn't know there were any other rhino's here lol. I've actually considered the same thing myself.

we should start an MC and car enthusiast (and indeed, any reasonable person with a brain) group and say we're all voting for whoever agrees to repeal HTA 172 first.

Hudak would jump on that in a second then just say, "Nevermind" as soon as it was shown to be controversial. You know; just like he has with everything else.

If 172 concerns you ask your MPP if he was a sitting member when it was passed into law. If he was, he voted for it. It was unanimous.

290 BILLION in debt and you are worried about 172?

uh, yes?

I worry more about common behavior that is sometimes needed to pass people safely on the 401 and other highways being CRIMINALIZED than I do about a fake debt that is just based on fractional reserve banking.

We should default on the debt, then pass a law that says the government cannot borrow money, except from its own citizens in the form of bonds (Ontario Savings Bonds anyone? no? haha).

Unless you approve of 172 as a debt reduction method? seizing the vehicles and collecting impound fees as a way to pay down the 290 billion?

There actually is another option, for those who cannot in good conscience condone any Provincial leader or party, and I have mentioned it on many previous occasions. It's called "declining your ballot" and it's provided by the Ontario Elections Act as a form of protest vote. A declined ballot, despite what some people may think, is not a spoiled ballot. It is enumerated separately from ballots that have been cast for a candidate and illegible/spoiled ballots. I live for the day when perhaps 30% of qualified voters get their butts off their couches, go to a polling station, and register votes that effectively say, "You know I really want to cast my vote, but none of you are worth spit on a sidewalk."

This is precisely what I have done in the past 2 elections. The really stupid thing is, they record your name, even though it is supposed to be an anonymous voting system. I too, would *LOVE* to see even 20% declined ballots. Show the politicians that we're sick to death of their ********.

Definition of Election: Political parties get together to see who can tell the biggest possible lies to the public and convince the populace they're being honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just WTF are the PC's thinking? I just read through their "Million Jobs Plan" and it just doesn't make sense. Were they sharing Fords personal stash when they came up with that train wreck?

http://ontariopc.com/millionjobsplan/plan.pdf

Sometimes, when you repeat something often enough, people forget that you haven't actually put any substance behind the words.

#millionpointsoflight

#jobsjobsjobs

#gravytrain

#change

Last edited:
Doesn't that plan start with firing 100,000 civil servants? So is that job promise a gross or net employment figure?

It's gross.

It's gross.

Which means that Hudak will actually need to create 1,100,000 jobs in order to meet his election promise. Is Hudak's plan to shift the cost of those employees to EI, by getting rid of them? Any way you slice it, there's only one taxpayer. Another pie-in-the-sky Hudakism. I've lost count of how many that's been, in the last 2 years.

Why can we not get a reasonable candidate in opposition? Why is it that recent Ontario PC candidates insist on publicly stepping on their members?

Conservatives are their own worst enemy. They should stay quiet and promise to not raise taxes and make sure cost of living doesn't go up. Nothing more.

Conservatives are their own worst enemy. They should stay quiet and promise to not raise taxes and make sure cost of living doesn't go up. Nothing more.

At this point they could likely win a majority just by pointing at what the other guy has been doing for the last 10 years, without promising a thing themselves. Only a few would reserve their votes until they heard something concrete (I'm one of those).

At this point they could likely win a majority just by pointing at what the other guy has been doing for the last 10 years, without promising a thing themselves. Only a few would reserve their votes until they heard something concrete (I'm one of those).

Next to no signs up in our neighbourhood. Not sure if it's apathy, confusion or disillusionment. Maybe all three. Last poll I saw had "Who dat?" in the lead.

Like many others I want to punish the Libs by voting them out of office but that should have been done as soon as they screwed up. If they have gotten their act together, have a better platform and intend to keep it they should be re-elected. Wynne hasn't done herself any good not getting rid of the smoke and mirrors.

A candidate can say anything they want but if you don't trust them it comes out as "Blah, blah, blah" or "The cheque is in the mail".

I am trying to like Hudak and his Ontario party offering, especially after the Liberal debacle, but I can see another election without any good choices ... where have we heard that before, right?

So Tim is telling us that he and his party will get rid of the debt in 2 years, mainly I suppose by cutting 100,000 public sector jobs, He won't touch cops, doctors and nurses ... which means the main cut will come from education. But he also claims that he will bring the Ontario back to where it once was ... top place as far as math, physics research and development .... yeah, ok Tim, it was nice to listen to your fairy tale. This guy always seemed to be out of touch to me, now he just solidified it

Oh, he will also apparently give 30% cut to corporate taxes ...... just for the sake of claiming the lowest corporate taxes in North America?? Is RoFo on his advisory committee??

Seriously does he think that people are that stupid?? I can see how many people will vote NDP, just out of desperation ....

Last edited:
I have a problem understanding how the Liberals got elected in the first place, let alone re-elected time and again. McGuinty was obviously talking out of both sides of his mouth during that first campaign; "We've got a 6.5 Billion dollar debt" and "I'll spend more money on all of these programmes, while not raising taxes."

At this point there are simply more and more disenfranchised voters who simply stay away from the polls on election day, rather than wasting their vote on someone who they can't support. Last election enough voters stayed away that they could have voted in an actual majority government (51%). Those people need to make their displeasure heard.

At this point there are simply more and more disenfranchised voters who simply stay away from the polls on election day, rather than wasting their vote on someone who they can't support. Last election enough voters stayed away that they could have voted in an actual majority government (51%). Those people need to make their displeasure heard.

The purpose of a corporation is to make money for its shareholders, not satisfy the customer.

The purpose of a political party is to satisfy its fundraisers not the voters.

Personally I think money talks far louder than declined or spoiled ballots.

Just musing here but what if politicians were compensated by their party instead of the public coffers not unlike a trade union. Voters were obliged to pay into the party wage fund on a monthly basis just like a phone bill. BUT they could choose the party on a monthly basis.

Like I said, just musing.

The purpose of a corporation is to make money for its shareholders, not satisfy the customer.

The purpose of a political party is to satisfy its fundraisers not the voters.

Personally I think money talks far louder than declined or spoiled ballots.

Just musing here but what if politicians were compensated by their party instead of the public coffers not unlike a trade union. Voters were obliged to pay into the party wage fund on a monthly basis just like a phone bill. BUT they could choose the party on a monthly basis.

Like I said, just musing.

Spoiled ballots just indicate, to politicians, that voters are too stupid to mark them properly. Declined ballots require two things; the knowledge that it's an option and the willingness to take the time, to do it. Politicians must walk a fine line between financial supporters and voters. If they don't get elected, then they don't serve their supporters. It would be interesting to see what they would do, if suddenly 10% of the otherwise unengaged voters pulled a "Brewster's Millions." I think seeing that there are enough willing voters available to swing an elections results might just result in a bit of a shake-up.

Yes and he's right.

I don't think it's that bad ... and that's why Tim will just be a Tim and not a PM of Ontario. His plan is a real lunacy. Liberals lied and lied and lied again, so as I said I am feeling that NDP has a real chance. At this point I think it cannot be worse for a middle class family to vote NDP than it would be to vote PC or Liberals. If you are not a middle class family with kids still requiring a good solid and affordable education your mileage might vary .... I get it.

Back
Top Bottom