Provincial politics | GTAMotorcycle.com

Provincial politics

The PC can win if they ditch Hudack.
He is scary to women and that will keep the PC from getting in.

The PC can win if they ditch Hudack.
He is scary to women and that will keep the PC from getting in.

He's also scary to people who have followed this whole "right to work" thing. To me he's largely a cardboard cutout of a politician.

He's also scary to people who have followed this whole "right to work" thing. To me he's largely a cardboard cutout of a politician.

Kinda like trudeau.

Reality is we're ****ed regardless of who gets in, because these people aren't interested in helping anyone else but themselves. They will do and say anything to get elected and then re-elected while not giving a **** what the cost to the public is. Just look at the gas plant scandal, ornge, ehealth...etc

Kinda like trudeau.

Reality is we're ****ed regardless of who gets in, because these people aren't interested in helping anyone else but themselves. They will do and say anything to get elected and then re-elected while not giving a **** what the cost to the public is. Just look at the gas plant scandal, ornge, ehealth...etc

And if people followed my methods, McSquinty would never have gotten a second term ;)

Curious what your methods are.

And the electorate is stupid.

My method is simple: Don't reward people who have been proven to be liars after they are elected. Granted we were handed an excrement sandwich that first McGuinty election, and I formally declined my ballot, but he should have been out immediately after he pulled that, "It's a fee, not a tax" crap.

Make them one term wonders. Generally speaking that means they're out of the party leadership and out of politics, so it might screw with their potential to collect a pension. Do that religiously and they might start to learn. Small things don't really bother me. The big stuff honks me right off.

My method is simple: Don't reward people who have been proven to be liars after they are elected. Granted we were handed an excrement sandwich that first McGuinty election, and I formally declined my ballot, but he should have been out immediately after he pulled that, "It's a fee, not a tax" crap.

Make them one term wonders. Generally speaking that means they're out of the party leadership and out of politics, so it might screw with their potential to collect a pension. Do that religiously and they might start to learn. Small things don't really bother me. The big stuff honks me right off.

Here's the fly in the ointment, they are ALL as you describe. The only difference is who happens to be in power at that magic moment, but there are gradients of damage they can do. And so if your method means I have to live with Justin just to punish Harper, I say "get off".

Unfortunately living with a worse option just to punish a bad option has real life consequences during the term of "punishment".

Here's the fly in the ointment, they are ALL as you describe. The only difference is who happens to be in power at that magic moment, but there are gradients of damage they can do. And so if your method means I have to live with Justin just to punish Harper, I say "get off".

Unfortunately living with a worse option just to punish a bad option has real life consequences during the term of "punishment".

Heres the thing: due to existing biases, you are assuming that Trudeau will be a worst alternative. That hasn't been proven. Harper has proven himself to be what he is.

Heres the thing: due to existing biases, you are assuming that Trudeau will be a worst alternative. That hasn't been proven. Harper has proven himself to be what he is.

Right. Bias, not knowledge, intellect and discernment that is making me draw my conclusion. FYI, I don't have to actually get in a train wreck to know its not a good thing. Mark my words, there is more than enough out there to know where Shiny Pony will end up and it isn't pretty.

As Schneller said, this hasn't yet been proven. You're allowing your personal bias to enter into it. As I've said before, just how much experience did Harper have when he first too office? I presume that you voted for him then....

And I'm counting on them all being at least somewhat the same, in that the sort of person who runs for higher office usually has an ego the size of Jupiter. How do you think such an ego would take being tossed out after a single term? Have you ever seen the first episode of "Firefly"?

[video=youtube;NPRlHwwVIug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPRlHwwVIug[/video]

Doing nothing yields no result. Trying something has a chance. Let's try something different.

As Schneller said, this hasn't yet been proven. You're allowing your personal bias to enter into it. As I've said before, just how much experience did Harper have when he first too office? I presume that you voted for him then....

And I'm counting on them all being at least somewhat the same, in that the sort of person who runs for higher office usually has an ego the size of Jupiter. How do you think such an ego would take being tossed out after a single term? Have you ever seen the first episode of "Firefly"?

Doing nothing yields no result. Trying something has a chance. Let's try something different.

Well provincially we tried the Cons, we've tried the Libs, and the Dippers. That leaves nobody to vote for which means you either don't vote (so then don't come crying) or you throw your vote to an independent (for which they don't care because it's a thrown vote anyways).

It's only federally that the only party that has never run the country is the Dippers. Yuuup, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a go...... (insert brain explosion....)

Well provincially we tried the Cons, we've tried the Libs, and the Dippers. That leaves nobody to vote for which means you either don't vote (so then don't come crying) or you throw your vote to an independent (for which they don't care because it's a thrown vote anyways).

It's only federally that the only party that has never run the country is the Dippers. Yuuup, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a go...... (insert brain explosion....)

I supported Harris, though the sale of the 407 greatly annoyed me. His policies were largely in line with my own desires and he actually did what he said he would do, which seemed to surprise a hell of a lot of voters. Eves, on the other hand, went on a 6 month spending spree to try and buy an election, which undid a lot of what Harris had accomplished.

There actually is another option, for those who cannot in good conscience condone any Provincial leader or party, and I have mentioned it on many previous occasions. It's called "declining your ballot" and it's provided by the Ontario Elections Act as a form of protest vote. A declined ballot, despite what some people may think, is not a spoiled ballot. It is enumerated separately from ballots that have been cast for a candidate and illegible/spoiled ballots. I live for the day when perhaps 30% of qualified voters get their butts off their couches, go to a polling station, and register votes that effectively say, "You know I really want to cast my vote, but none of you are worth spit on a sidewalk."

And you seem bound and determined to be willfully deaf, and blind to the fact that I have repeatedly stated I will not vote NDP, because I am fundamentally opposed to any political party that seems to have spending money that we don't have, to fulfill their pie in the sky notions, as part of their ongoing platform.

Last edited:
And you seem bound and determined to be willfully deaf, and blind to the fact that I have repeatedly stated I will not vote NDP, because I am fundamentally opposed to any political party that seems to have spending money that we don't have, to fulfill their pie in the sky notions, as part of their ongoing platform.

I'm not deaf or blind to your position, just making sure you're consistent in your hate of the NDP (for which I applaud you) and trying to figure out, aside from your explanation of declining your ballot, if you actually think that Justin should be given a chance or not.

Cheers.

I'm not deaf or blind to your position, just making sure you're consistent in your hate of the NDP (for which I applaud you) and trying to figure out, aside from your explanation of declining your ballot, if you actually think that Justin should be given a chance or not.

Cheers.

I don't so much hate the NDP, as think that they're a bunch of poly sci grads, who don't realize that reality doesn't follow neat political models.

Declining your ballot isn't an option, at the Federal level. Should Justin be given a chance? So far he hasn't told me that he's saving me money while picking my pocket, nor has he put veterans out on the street without assistance. That puts him one up, in my books, so I'll either vote for his local rep or run myself, under the Rhino banner. Not sure that I could vote for myself though.

I don't so much hate the NDP, as think that they're a bunch of poly sci grads, who don't realize that reality doesn't follow neat political models.

Declining your ballot isn't an option, at the Federal level. Should Justin be given a chance? So far he hasn't told me that he's saving me money while picking my pocket, nor has he put veterans out on the street without assistance. That puts him one up, in my books, so I'll either vote for his local rep or run myself, under the Rhino banner. Not sure that I could vote for myself though.

Justin has put his foot in his mouth so many times already, and that's without having a platform. His latest world stage debacle over the Ukraine and Russia is case in point. Really don't want a bumbling idiot representing Canada on the world stage.....

Justin has put his foot in his mouth so many times already, and that's without having a platform. His latest world stage debacle over the Ukraine and Russia is case in point. Really don't want a bumbling idiot representing Canada on the world stage.....

I'll slap him down as hard as anyone for making that stupid joke, knowing how it would come back on him, but I'll also give him props for doing what so few other politicians have done in his place; actually look the aggrieved party in the eye, across a table, and say, "I'm sorry." And again, as I previously stated, I'm more about deeds than words.

But if you want words, remember a few of them as spoken by a certain Steven Harper back when he had as much experience as Trudeau:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/..._controversial_quotes_compiled_by_tories.html

Or this more comprehensive list, from the same collection:

http://unseatharper.ca/harper-quotes.php

Last edited:
I'll slap him down as hard as anyone for making that stupid joke, knowing how it would come back on him, but I'll also give him props for doing what so few other politicians have done in his place; actually look the aggrieved party in the eye, across a table, and say, "I'm sorry." And again, as I previously stated, I'm more about deeds than words.

But if you want words, remember a few of them as spoken by a certain Steven Harper back when he had as much experience as Trudeau:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/..._controversial_quotes_compiled_by_tories.html

Or this more comprehensive list, from the same collection:

http://unseatharper.ca/harper-quotes.php

At the pace justin is going his list will be a heck of a lot longer than harpers in half the time.

At justin had no choice to apologize, maybe next time he'll think before he speaks, oh wait, he just can't help himself.

He is the next Canadian Obama, and the electorate is likely dumb enough to not see what hope and change is doing to our friends to the south......

At the pace justin is going his list will be a heck of a lot longer than harpers in half the time.

At justin had no choice to apologize, maybe next time he'll think before he speaks, oh wait, he just can't help himself.

He is the next Canadian Obama, and the electorate is likely dumb enough to not see what hope and change is doing to our friends to the south......

The Liberals had a book on Harper. Apparently he just couldn't help himself either. Those are just the few that made the online list. If gaffs and inexperience are your only reasons, then you shouldn't have voted for Harper in the first place. Now review his record in office and you'll realize that he doesn't belong, and is not a conservative.

Back
Top Bottom