Detroit is looking for Action | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Detroit is looking for Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no attack in my statement and we're not on the island.

I see why your defensive of the sport especially when people talk **** about it, it's not easy and lots of RR can't launch if their life depended on it. Just ease up a little, it's winter and any action in the racing section gets our attention. You even said somthing about respecting brothers who ride so give a little and you'll get a little.

Pretty sure my OP didn't attack anybody, so whats respect got to do with it. You should quote the RR squids on it.

Lets keep this on track now.

Sorry Brian, but your a moderator, maybe you can explain your position in a way that makes sense. The web-site has a sub-forum for dragracing. A bunch of coffee shop, keyboard racers enter said sub-forum and make ignorant and offensive statements. You then sanction the drag racer in the forum you've dedicated to his sport?

Secondly, you have a new member who has called out actual racers, causing no offence, he is welcomed by those who are involved in the sport and attacked by the afore-mentioned trolls. Now you as a moderator are supporting this?

Maybe you should reconsider your stance. Not looking very impartial here.

You might be interested to know that a couple of the roadracing "intruders" got temporary bans for the various comments made. That's why you're not hearing from certain people any more. The drag racer only got a warning - and my public note that his comments were toeing the line.

I wasn't the one who handed out the bans and warnings, but reviewing the post history, I can't say I disagree ...

Didn't suggest they were intruders, trolls was the word I used. Not saying they aren't welcome, only that if they would like respect, perhaps commenting as if they are authorities on something they clearly have no experience with might not be the way to get it. I'm the first to tell Joe he has a big mouth but in this case he's not wrong.

Glad to hear some action was taken, but clowns who have a post count of 400 plus since July, who jump into Threads on topics that they are unfamiliar with can't reasonable expect anything other than ridicule. Another one was happy to point out that dragracing is for fast bike, roadracimg is for fast riders. Yeah, he'll make lots of friends too. Just a few examples.

Sorry Brian, but your a moderator, maybe you can explain your position in a way that makes sense. The web-site has a sub-forum for dragracing. A bunch of coffee shop, keyboard racers enter said sub-forum and make ignorant and offensive statements. You then sanction the drag racer in the forum you've dedicated to his sport?

Secondly, you have a new member who has called out actual racers, causing no offence, he is welcomed by those who are involved in the sport and attacked by the afore-mentioned trolls. Now you as a moderator are supporting this?

Maybe you should reconsider your stance. Not looking very impartial here.

I don't think it's about drag racing... but more so about the way the OP sounds in the orginal post. I think people are reading that post as a street race challenge... as people that live in the GTA know there's no track actually in Toronto... might not be realising he is talking about TMP in Cayuga when he said toronto..!?
If someone posted a similar sounding road race challenge... they would get a very similar response. The guys that make track day challenges are made fun of a lot worse than anything posted in this thread... esspecially when they collide and take each other out doing so.. (That was at you... james and rich)

You're re-enforcing my point. The commentators were speaking out of ignorance. Drag racing and circuit have differences in etiquette. A call-out in drag racing is common and accepted. I don't pipe up about appropriate etiquette on a road race discussion.

Dude, coming in here and acting like you're king **** will get you nowhere. Ignore the trolls and keep the thread relative. No need to get all bitchy and offending people... A lot of these water wetters (awesome name btw) have a ton of experience when it comes to motorcycles, on and off the track and pass it on to those who care to listen. Or something like that, I'm a little tipsy... Peace out!
This right here is what is pissing everyone off. The fact that you are a drag racer is far second as to why you are facing all the animosity.

Talking about it fine. The while teenage mentality of 'wanna race bro' is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I think the animosity is coming from the road racers, because drag racers didn't mind at all. And you refer "coming on here like a king" to what? Simply
scrolled to the drag racing section and posted, maybe next time ill post in the RR. And the site says GTA, not RR motorcycle...it seems your feelings are butt hurt, for that you got vagicel. Come on here and ask question or postive feedback and you'll be fine.

So here it is:

This issue started when myself and Carboncat (now perma banned) made some jokes about the original post - He couldn't understand what the OP said and I explained it with a couple of smart *** comments, that was it, just boredom from a very long winter but people got butt hurt and we end up banned.

There is no animosity towards drag racers, I respect any kind of racer and I do enjoy watching drag racing during weekends at grand Bend, these guys make a huge investment on their equipment and motorcycles the same way we RR do as well.

We did not miss understand the OP thinking he was challenging people to street race, I knew this was a Drag race thing, we are not dumb. This was simply a joke which people took the wrong way.

Still Hilarious the way the OP over reacted and started insulting and offending everyone after the fact but hey, we started so whatever.

.. and now i exit this thread as there are more important things happening in the world that this pile of crap!

Edit: Never mind, he is not perma banned - But he did try to spoon me a lot while in the ban pit

Last edited:
I just crawled outta pauls ban pit...... its dark, smelly and there was no food or water for 5 days! Ill never go back
sorry for the jokes, it was in good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom