GTAM Approved Mechanics? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Approved Mechanics?

Frekeyguy who is located in Brampton comes and picks up your bike and takes it to his shop.

If anyone put a contract like that in front of me id laugh and walk away. You're paying me for 40 hrs per week give or take. What i do on my own time is my own time...but hey thats just me.

It is a "standard clause" in most industries, that employ people with specialized training. Otherwise mechanics could say to a customer, when they have them at the vehicle pointing out the issue and the repair. "hey the dealership is going to charge you $375 plus parts to do this work, you supply the parts and call me at this number and I will do it after 6 tonight for $200 cash" Which one is the customer going to accept??? LOL Many idusties also have no compete clauses which state you can't perform the same "work related functions" within a certain distance and for a certain period of time after you leave their employ. Hair salons, barbaer shops, pet groomers etc this is pretty standard. BUT this clause can't be used to limit your potential for earning a living, (so a hair stylist can work with another salon as long as they don't contact ANY of their previous clients).. It prevents someone from learning at a salon, building a customer base, then opening a new salon two doors down.

BUT your within your rights NOT to take the job oiffered if you don't agree to the terms... But if every dealership has a similar clause your pretty screwed. Then you open your own place get your own tools, (now most mechanics have their own tools but they use or share "specialized tools").

looking at all of the comments here- there might be room for someone to open up a mobile bike mechanic shop- at leasst this is what I would do if I were a bike mechanic

You need a licensed facility, may be hard to get accredited with a mobile garage.

Frekeyguy who is located in Brampton comes and picks up your bike and takes it to his shop.

This. I have yet to experience better service than frekeyguy. Stand up guy, doesn't really do it for the money but more so for the challenge. To me, he is a great friend, but an even better person as a guide. I am not at all mechanically inclined but he has definetly shed some light, and is happy to do so. If you need someone who is reasonable, can pick up your bike, and possibly make a new friend, you need to go to this guy. Tons of reviews on here, heres a few:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Review-of-Frekeyguys-work&highlight=frekeyguy

and heres one with my review,

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...perience-with-frekeyguy&p=1969823#post1969823

stand up guy. feel free to PM him to start the conversation. I'd also be happy to help you with any reviews or help with frekey. PM me.

frekeyguy does all my work. Easy, reliable, trustworthy, and better-than-dealership service. Never had an issue.

Any trustworthy mechanics in the Richmond Hill area? Aurora, Newmarket is okay

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

I can do whatever. I am in Bowmanville but pick up delivery included in the GTA.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Take the reviews with a grain of salt--especially the overly positive ones.

From now on, I'm only taking my bike to get serviced at the dealer, and avoiding the independents. Sure, I pay more at the dealer, but I've always received consistent and fast service (I know, the same is not true for all dealers). I can't say the same thing for the independents, which are all over the place. And, I suspect most of the glowing reviews on this site are either written by the mechanic themselves or friends of the mechanic. Either way, I don't rely too heavily on reviews anymore.

I've gotten analled by a dealer with bad service more than once...on my first bike after I took it in for the first service I noticed I always smelled gasoline. When I checked it out the exhaust wasn't bolted in properly and could've fallen off if I knew how to lean.

I bought an ATV from another dealer and it wouldn't start. it took 3 services and a housecall before I figured out on my own that they gave me a dud battery.

Last edited:
Take the reviews with a grain of salt--especially the overly positive ones.

From now on, I'm only taking my bike to get serviced at the dealer, and avoiding the independents. Sure, I pay more at the dealer, but I've always received consistent and fast service (I know, the same is not true for all dealers). I can't say the same thing for the independents, which are all over the place. And, I suspect most of the glowing reviews on this site are either written by the mechanic themselves or friends of the mechanic. Either way, I don't rely too heavily on reviews anymore.

I would say avoid the glowing reviews especially if they are done by "guest accounts"

On the other hand I wouldn't say Dealer is always the best - definitely not EVERY dealer.
Heck even Yamaha dealers mechanics admittedly they haven't even "seen" my bike before let alone work on it lol.

ok ok I know I have a scooter but Its two wheels and its got a motor ;)

Does anyone know any of the local suzuki mechanics and ever made a deal on work outside of the dealership. I hate paying the dealers overhead and would rather pay the mechanics direct to work on my bike out of my garage.

My life is literally riding on the condition of my bike when I'm zipping down the big highways at 100 kph with just about every other vehicle bigger and heavier than me + my bike.
Getting home in one piece is always the end game.
I'll pay for quality work by someone who knows what they're doing whether that be the dealer mechanics or independents.
As with 4-wheeler mechanics it takes a while to find out which bike shops are ethical and competent and which to keep away from.

I've gotten analled by a dealer with bad service more than once...on my first bike after I took it in for the first service I noticed I always smelled gasoline. When I checked it out the exhaust wasn't bolted in properly and could've fallen off if I knew how to lean.

SON by any chance? ;-)

buddy had a centre stand not bolted on correctly.. similar circumstances

Anyone know a reliable mechanic in East York?

You need a licensed facility, may be hard to get accredited with a mobile garage.

Should be "If you need a licensed facility..." You only need a license facility for a safety. Licensed mechanics can work wherever they choose. A mobile (or several) mobile shops in the GTA would be a great idea. Is it doable? ...that's another thread.

Should be "If you need a licensed facility..." You only need a license facility for a safety. Licensed mechanics can work wherever they choose. A mobile (or several) mobile shops in the GTA would be a great idea. Is it doable? ...that's another thread.

What do you need mobile work for?

Back
Top Bottom