GTAM Approved Mechanics? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Approved Mechanics?

People should really think before they speak, or at least when they bash independent shops they need to be specific of why and what experiences they had, unless you are just talking out of your ***

Sorry, but I don't kiss and tell. :bunny::bigsmurf:

Does anyone know any of the local suzuki mechanics and ever made a deal on work outside of the dealership. I hate paying the dealers overhead and would rather pay the mechanics direct to work on my bike out of my garage.

Does anyone know any of the local suzuki mechanics and ever made a deal on work outside of the dealership. I hate paying the dealers overhead and would rather pay the mechanics direct to work on my bike out of my garage.

Yep, screw those Kawi mechanics, who cares what they have to say?

i hope if you do find that guy, his boss finds out and fires the ****er on the spot. this kinda request is laughable at best

Last edited:
No reputable mechanic is going to make a house call and use your tools. Especially if they have a day job. House calls cost extra too.

The only time I ever did go to a dealer was at Hully Gully in LOndon back in 1998.... for a brand new bike I was conned into bringing in for it's 1st service, otherwise I would forfeit my warranty, or so I was told......I told them I had been riding a long time andknew what a burnout looked like.

Every time you tell that story I get a chill down my spine and the hair on back of my neck stands up and get goose bumps on my arms and I'm almost certain I can hear a wolf howling in the distance. No joke, I'd be freakin too. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Every time you tell that story I get a chill down my spine and the hair on back of my neck stands up and get goose bumps on my arms and I'm almost certain I can hear a wolf howling in the distance. No joke, I'd be freakin too. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

I have a much better story. My coworker knew someone who owned a new limited edition Mustang. One of those 80k Shelby or whatever jobs (they exist sometimes). Took it to the SVT dealer and left the key. Kid bringing it into the garage decided to try out the car. So he tried it out hardcore right into the ditch and completely totalled it into write-off condition. They called the customer and told him to come down and that he could have the pick of any new car on the lot that he wanted. Guy was not happy because it was a limited edition and there was not another one on hand. Not sure what ended up happening beyond that. Sometimes people just lose their common sense. It wasn't the mechanic or service underwriter who totalled it.

Hate to burst your bubble sparky but not enough subterfuge to rate as a better story. Subterfuge is the metric I'm using today.

i hope if you do find that guy, his boss finds out and fires the ****er on the spot. this kinda request is laughable at best

What kind of logic is that? Just because you work for a company doesn't mean that you can't work for someone else or yourself on your own time.

What kind of logic is that? Just because you work for a company doesn't mean that you can't work for someone else or yourself on your own time.

Conflict of interest. Need examples?

i guess if you work for a back yard hack, then there will be no problem. but in most cases you are made to sign a contract and in it you there is a waiver stating you can;t work out side of business hrs in the same type of work. it's terms for dismissal

Last edited:
I have a much better story. My coworker knew someone who owned a new limited edition Mustang. One of those 80k Shelby or whatever jobs (they exist sometimes). Took it to the SVT dealer and left the key. Kid bringing it into the garage decided to try out the car. So he tried it out hardcore right into the ditch and completely totalled it into write-off condition. They called the customer and told him to come down and that he could have the pick of any new car on the lot that he wanted. Guy was not happy because it was a limited edition and there was not another one on hand. Not sure what ended up happening beyond that. Sometimes people just lose their common sense. It wasn't the mechanic or service underwriter who totalled it.

[video=youtube;Ti5nA4nch0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5nA4nch0w[/video]

i guess if you work for a back yard hack, then there will be no problem. but in most cases you are made to sign a contract and in it you there is a waiver stating you can;t work out side of business hrs in the same type of work. it's terms for dismissal

That's ridiculous. You work for a company during work hours, if you wanna do work outside of work hours its your own business.

How about your own bike, can you work on that or are you not allowed? :lmao:

That's ridiculous. You work for a company during work hours, if you wanna do work outside of work hours its your own business.

How about your own bike, can you work on that or are you not allowed? :lmao:

ok, as ridicules as it sounds. thats the way it is. i sold my shop and went to work for a company doing the same or similar to what i used to do. and had to sign a waiver stating i would not work out side of business hrs doing the same or similar type of work.

but hey, this is only my situation

i think there is a lot of companies doing this

Last edited:
ok, as ridicules as it sounds. thats the way it is. i sold my shop and went to work for a company doing the same or similar to what i used to do. and had to sign a waiver stating i would not work out side of business hrs doing the same or similar type of work.

but hey, this is only my situation

i think there is a lot of companies doing this

If anyone put a contract like that in front of me id laugh and walk away. You're paying me for 40 hrs per week give or take. What i do on my own time is my own time...but hey thats just me.

If anyone put a contract like that in front of me id laugh and walk away. You're paying me for 40 hrs per week give or take. What i do on my own time is my own time...but hey thats just me.

ohh i'm paid very well for what i do. so in the grand scheme of things i really don't need to go looking for extra work. i would sooner play on my spare time

Every dealer that I have worked for it has been the same. Immediate dismissal for side work. They figure every job you do at home is one that should have been done in the shop

Back
Top Bottom