Insurance prices? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance prices?

How is that fraud? My Dad rides...

Are we going to have this discussion every season? You are committing insurance fraud. Your dad is committing insurance fraud, and you're dad's friend the adjustor/underwriter whatever is also committing insurance fraud. Accept it, move on with your life and shut up about it

Lol, you still believe this BS from 1 year ago?

Whatever.

It's not a matter of belief it's a matter of accepting the facts you keep bragging about on here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Giving stupid advice to new riders is generally inadvisable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What in the world I'm I bragging about?

This.....Too lazy to get all the bragging lol

Dude who the hell scammed insurance? I never said I committed any type of insurance fraud? Like honestly, my dad has had his m for 5 years. I said that I am under his insurance and that my dad's friend assisted me in getting a very cheap rate under my dad's plan. I do apologize for not being clear enough but I wonder why you guy's say this is fraud? Anyways, wish you all the best!
DUN DUN DUN......

Lol, well no I'm not the daddy, however I'm waiting to see how much my insurance will go up by. Well my dad's insurance :p

Excuse the newbie ignorance here but wouldn't the op or son just be considered a secondary rider. As with car insurance.

For example I just got my license and am in the process of searching/purchasing a bike. Im 28 and have had my G for 10 years so this doesn't really affect me any.

BUT my father also wants to get his licence and be insured on my bike. If having him as a primary driver makes insurance less expensive he will be the registered owner. This is not insurance fraud but rather making sure multiple people are insured on 1 bike. Either of us can be considered a secondary rider its just a matter of what name is on the registration as to who would be considered primary.

This is of course if a rider can be considered the secondary insured while putting more km on then the primary.

That being said by the time you put the 1k for both to take the course and get the M2 I doubt the savings would be substantial enough to bother.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

What you are suggesting is not insurance fraud as long as your dad is the bike owner and lists you as a licensed rider on the policy.

But you are correct, the savings will be minimal as the insurer will base the premium on the risk of all riders.

However, the original scenario presented, is get the bike and insure it in dad's name, but dad never rides. If the son crashes, the bike without being listed as an insured rider, (meaning he has to reside at same address, with licence at that address etc), then insurer will build a fraud case and could deny coverage.

Excuse the newbie ignorance here but wouldn't the op or son just be considered a secondary rider. As with car insurance.

For example I just got my license and am in the process of searching/purchasing a bike. Im 28 and have had my G for 10 years so this doesn't really affect me any.

BUT my father also wants to get his licence and be insured on my bike. If having him as a primary driver makes insurance less expensive he will be the registered owner. This is not insurance fraud but rather making sure multiple people are insured on 1 bike. Either of us can be considered a secondary rider its just a matter of what name is on the registration as to who would be considered primary.

This is of course if a rider can be considered the secondary insured while putting more km on then the primary.

That being said by the time you put the 1k for both to take the course and get the M2 I doubt the savings would be substantial enough to bother.

What you are suggesting is not insurance fraud as long as your dad is the bike owner and lists you as a licensed rider on the policy.

But you are correct, the savings will be minimal as the insurer will base the premium on the risk of all riders.

However, the original scenario presented, is get the bike and insure it in dad's name, but dad never rides. If the son crashes, the bike without being listed as an insured rider, (meaning he has to reside at same address, with licence at that address etc), then insurer will build a fraud case and could deny coverage.

Ok that makes sense. Effectively the op would be riding while Uninsured. Well I guess it would be considered non disclosure.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom