MotoGP indionapolis aug 8-10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP indionapolis aug 8-10

A few of my boys are contemplating hitting MotoGP as well....

Hopefully it all works out!

Iv done the drive. Its pretty straight and ******. About 9h with stops for foid, gas, coffee. YouTube the Indianapolis motogp weekend. Its packed with bikes. Join the event if your thinking about going

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Looks like we might be able to hit some better roads on the way

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Leaving a week prior, riding thru NY,PA, WV and KY, en route to Indy, the long way, makes the trip so much better than the destination. Then you wrap up an awesome week of riding twisties with some great racing and cool motorcycle oriented nightlife downtown Indy, then ride the boring 8 hrs of superslab home.

Leaving a week prior, riding thru NY,PA, WV and KY, en route to Indy, the long way, makes the trip so much better than the destination. Then you wrap up an awesome week of riding twisties with some great racing and cool motorcycle oriented nightlife downtown Indy, then ride the boring 8 hrs of superslab home.

I remember you mentioning this in the past. Did you have a particular route?

I do a different route every year. Once you are south of Pittsburgh, you can't find a bad road.....Just go south till you are at the bottom of WV, turn northwest towards KY, and ride on. It's all amazing riding, no matter where you go. Personally, I avoid freeways like the plague......Once I get on 219 at SPringville, a half hr south of Buffalo, I don't get on another 4 lane until I leave Indy.

Did this 2yrs ago, great trip. Left Wednesday after work hitting NY, PA, WV, OH before Indiana. Caught an MLB game in Cincinnati on the way in.

Returned home on Sunday night after the race (that was a looong, late night super slab run home).

Paddock passes from work were a nice touch (Go, Tuenti HP 40 Team, Go!)

Sent from Windows Phone, using Tapatalk.

Don't forget you'll have to rent a car once you get there... because getting around is a major biatch.

Got my tickets and hotel booked. I'm taking the car with the old lady. Probably gonna spend a couple of nights in Chicago doing the tourist things before or after.

Got my tickets and hotel booked. I'm taking the car with the old lady. Probably gonna spend a couple of nights in Chicago doing the tourist things before or after.

Right on.. I love Chicago, it is a great place. Have you been? I can't wait to go back... I want to do one of the river tours, next time.

Where are you staying in Indy? My group is at the La Quinta downtown.

Right on.. I love Chicago, it is a great place. Have you been? I can't wait to go back... I want to do one of the river tours, next time.

Where are you staying in Indy? My group is at the La Quinta downtown.

I got family in the suburbs of Chicago but I've never explored downtown. Might catch a cubs game.

In Indy I'm staying by the airport, a holiday inn or something. Nothing special but my wife ain't about that camping life.

I got family in the suburbs of Chicago but I've never explored downtown. Might catch a cubs game.

In Indy I'm staying by the airport, a holiday inn or something. Nothing special but my wife ain't about that camping life.

Oh yeah, that's cool... I am not into the camping, myself much, either... Also, sitting in the B Penthouse.

Chicago, you want to buy a City Pass and go to everything you can on there... totally awesome, easily accessible via public transit. The John Shedd Aquarium is pretty awesome, and Willis Tower is always worth checking out.

If you do get up to where the Cubs play, you gotta check out this place called Weiner's Circle. A totally messed up place to get a hot dog, it's on tv.

My group is at the La Quinta downtown.

That's where we're staying. Sitting section H.

We stayed out 3 miles from the track 2 yrs ago, but we wanted to be downtown this time. Sat at SW Vista then too, though we'd try other end of track this time.

That's where we're staying. Sitting section H.

We stayed out 3 miles from the track 2 yrs ago, but we wanted to be downtown this time. Sat at SW Vista then too, though we'd try other end of track this time.

Oh yeah... We stayed about that far away a couple times before, as well... once at the Wingate and 2 years ago at this crap hole called The Clarion.

Went downtown 2 years ago and realized what we are missing... been staying at La Quinta's the last couple hotel stays so decided to give them a shot.

I sat in the SW Vista Deck before, but realized B Penthouse is the only place for me now. It has FOLDING METAL CHAIRS! It has a washroom and food right by the seats, which are directly overlooking both the pits and Turn 1-4. Come check it out on Saturday if you've not seen them before.

We will have to talk more, closer to the date since we are at the same hotel!

Back
Top Bottom