2014 Ontario GTA Photo Tag | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 Ontario GTA Photo Tag

nims232

Site Supporter
It's time to start a new season!

Thank you Zaneris for a great 2013 tagging season! Also special thanks to IXFe for hosting prior year(s). :thumbup:

Keep the shiny side up!

Ontario GTA photo tag Rules .......

The rules are pretty simple...
1) Post a picture of any place in the Greater Toronto Area that you have ridden to.
2) The bike must be in the picture.
3) The place has to be somewhere anyone can safely ride to (no private property etc.), on roads (paved or gravel) no trails.
4) Show some photo clues taken along the way to the tag spot (optional).
5) The first person to post a shot of the same spot (including their bike) on this thread gets to place the next tag.
6) No old photos, must be current.
7) The person who finds and posts a tag, must place a new tag within 3 hours of the find post or else that tag is considered void and the previous tag is still open.

Clarification of Rule#6 "No Old photos"
When 'tagging' a location: 'current' means the photo was taken (not just edited or Photo-shopped) after the time the challenge 'go-to' spot is posted. Simple.
When setting up a new'go-to' tag spot for others to pursue, 'current' means the photo you post was taken within approx. the last 3 months.
As a courtesy to others, ensure that the photo is indeed 'current',
eg. the business you took a photo of and posted hasn't relocated or closed up shop
eg. the farmfield you took a photo of and posted isn't now a sub-division construction zone.
Hope this helps and encourages you to snap photos of 'interesting' spots in your travels that can be shared later without necessarily sprinting all over GTA to get the shot after you've gotten a tag.
The goal is to get out riding and have fun, so don't place any tags that are impossible to find, that kinda defeats the purpose.

Clarification of Rule#7 "3-hour rule"
If a new tag is not posted within 3 hours, someone else can grab the old tag and post a new tag BEFORE the original tagger posts a new tag. This means that the second tagger does not automatically gets 3 hours to post the new tag but at least gets a chance to score a point. If the original tagger decided not to post a new tag for whatever reason, then the 3-hour rule apply from the time second tagger posted the old tag.

Tag Photo Hosting Suggestions:
For Android owners, http://www.imgur.com is a great choice, no account needed and quick uploads straight from the homepage.
iPhone and other devices, http://photobucket.com/ is popular, along with Dropbox.

Boundary:
Regional-Map-Large.jpg

First Tag: By raydowe
eseby2y6.jpg

Score updates are done on Sundays for the prior week ending Saturday. Score board shows running totals from the start of the season.

Score update for the week ending 10/11/2014:
aeN1WH2.png

Last edited:
5 degrees on next friday. Let's get that snow melting.

Oh come on! As if it's not hard enough having the bike 9 hours away :(

Awesome, didn't realize I had the final tag last year. Looking forward to starting back up again.

Bumping this!

After google mapping for an hour, I *think* that I know where the first tag is, but I wont be able to get there so Im hoping that this bump gets someones attention and they post a second tag that I can get to

Lets start tagging!

Should've done this yesterday

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If someone doesn't grab this by next weekend, I will ;)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yep, weather looks great starting next Sunday. Let's get this thing started.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My Google mapping was right! !!

New:
LLM6TJJ.jpeg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Certainly one of the more interesting new tags I've ever seen...

Bet that ride was nice and warm for ya.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hint?

I can't for the life of me figure out what that JF logo is (Joe something?) and there are something like 250 Tim Hortons in Toronto alone

Back
Top Bottom