Are there court fees for parking tickets in Mississauga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are there court fees for parking tickets in Mississauga

Motorcycle Mike

Tonight I got a parking ticket at work and am ****** off.

I am completely innocent in this case, as I have been parking there for more than 7 years and I know where the spots are and aren't. In this case our lot has some rows that are longer than others -- I was in the longer row with the one additional spot, the reduced lane rows start one over from where I was. I can understand how the parking cop got it wrong though, salt and snow all over the parking lot means very few lines are visible.

Anyway... this isn't about the money -- the ticket is only $25 for early payment or $30 set fine -- it is about the principle, and I want to waste as much of their time as possible if they are going to get my $30. I also only live a couple blocks from the court house, and I work afternoons so I likely won't have to miss work to go to trial.

The question is... if I take this to trial and lose, will I get court fees added on to the $30 in Mississauga and if so how much?

To give you an idea of what I am talking about:

3zFGMih.jpg

The black arrow is pointing to where I parked. The white arrow indicates how there is one less parking spot less per row just beside me. If you look closely, there is a white line beside where my car was, so I was in a spot. Tonight you could not see that though, the lines are hard to see due to salt and snow.

Anyway, I want to fight this... but if I stand a good chance to lose as it is my word against theirs, then I will still try it if the fine is still the same ($30)... if it jumps to $60 because of court fees, victim surcharges, or other crap, then I won't bother.

no additional costs, it is what it is.....you pay the max or you pay the early payment fee...

or you make an appointment for a first attendance meeting and fight it, it could get reduced

by the way, what was the infraction on the ticket....?

and your not wasting anyone's time (maybe just your's), it's their job so they are available at all times.....

Last edited:
Do parking tickets actually go to court in Mississauga? I've submitted about 4 in Toronto to fight them and have never received anything back. They just disappear. The hassle is taking the extra time out of my day to go submit to fight them.

It's not Court, as the same as fighting a traffic ticket, you don't see a judge and prosecutor

If you want to fight the ticket, you call and setup a First Attendance Meeting, and plead your case, it's a 10 minute session, or you just pay, or it goes to collection, or you pay it when you go and try to get your sticker renewal.

One way or another they will collect the money.....

So just scrape the snow away so that the lines are visible and take a picture. Take it with you to court.

The infraction is 'Parking vehicle on private property without owner's consent'
Bylaw 555-00 section 41(2).

I still work there, so I figure they thought I was outside the lines.

The problem with kicking off the snow and taking a picture is that this ticket was written at 17:23 and I didn't get to the car until 23:20, so not only might the conditions have changed in that time, but I could have also moved my car prior to taking a picture so it comes down to my word against the meter maid. I did take a picture anyway, but with my crappy camera at 23:20 and everyone around me warming up their cars you can't see **** in the picture.

so it's got nothing to do with the lines......

you were parked on private property with out owners consent, you got a ticket, if you work there and are allowed to park, this can be fought and won, actually take it to the security office, if they issue tickets they can cancel it for you or pay for it themselves, not all tickets issued are by Mississauga Parking Control Officers, but all tickets are Mississauga tickets.....

If you have permission to park on the property present that at the First Attendance Meeting and it will be cancelled

Thanks for the info... I have called 311 and made an appointment for first attendance and I will talk to security where I work and see if they can have it dropped.

the only way it won't work in your favour, is since it was past working hours, you might not get it cancelled, since your technically not there during business hours or working, your security company if issued by them should eat the cost of the ticket and have it taken care of for you.

the only way it won't work in your favour, is since it was past working hours, you might not get it cancelled, since your technically not there during business hours or working, your security company if issued by them should eat the cost of the ticket and have it taken care of for you.

That certainly won't be an issue where I work -- it is open 24/7, and I got the ticket at 17:23 during a 15:00 to 23:00 shift which makes me wonder why I even got a ticket.

Lots of other cars in the lot also had tickets, but most if not all of them were actually illegally parked by parking beside the last lined spot.

What is the fine called if it is for parking outside the lines? Does it go by a different term?

That certainly won't be an issue where I work -- it is open 24/7, and I got the ticket at 17:23 during a 15:00 to 23:00 shift which makes me wonder why I even got a ticket.

Lots of other cars in the lot also had tickets, but most if not all of them were actually illegally parked by parking beside the last lined spot.

What is the fine called if it is for parking outside the lines? Does it go by a different term?

Well just found out....parking outside the lines = ticket for parking on private property without owners consent it's what can be used for your parking infraction....

now what you can do or need to do is document, take picture of where you were parked, which you did, that shows there are lines and you were within them....otherwise ticket will stick...

or if you take a picture and the marking are obscured due to snow, salt etc, ticket will be dropped as well, if you can't see the lines how do you know your in them or out of them..

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom