Check for availability of personalized plates | GTAMotorcycle.com

Check for availability of personalized plates

theraymondguy

Is there a reliable website that will tell you if a selected personalized plate is available? Some time ago I found one on the MTO's website but it was a PITA and didn't work.

Thanks!

Not too sure who I called. I spoke to somebody at the MTO. Very helpful. I told him what I wanted and he said, No, went through about 6 different variations then he said OK. Did it all on the phone. Talk to a human. Still possible, even nowdays. Surprise, surprise.

Is there a reliable website that will tell you if a selected personalized plate is available? Some time ago I found one on the MTO's website but it was a PITA and didn't work.

Thanks!

The MTO website is easily navigated for personalized plates. I tells you automatically if the plate you want is free or not.

you can search online. Is it for a motorcycle? here I did some work for you these are currently available:
SHFT
B1K3
BCKUP
USTFU
FAHQQ
ASDF
WE69
U9ME6
ILRUN

U can search here, just go to order now, put in your license # you can search 3 at a time.

Last edited:
you can search online. Is it for a motorcycle? here I did some work for you these are currently available:
SHFT
B1K3
BCKUP
USTFU
FAHQQ
ASDF
WE69
U9ME6
ILRUN

U can search here, just go to order now, put in your license # you can search 3 at a time.

Awesome, I just ordered "kllrr" for my KLR. Pricey though

I have been looking for this section for a long time, thank you for posting it up !

I had personalized plates for my car at the time, 4 letters. As I don't have a car or any 4 wheeled vehicle anymore, I figured surely they could re-issue the plates for my motorcycle for a fee, and it would be win - win. For whatever reason the MTO's archaic systems won't allow them to change the plate classification from passenger vehicle to motorycle so I could use them with my bike . The lady I spoke to on the phone when I was inquiring about it had no good explanation why it couldn't be re-classified, just that they can't. I was pretty dissapointed

Personalized plates are more easily remembered. That's good for the parking lot. Not so good when you're making a getaway.

Price is ridiculous. Could buy myself a 5th helmet with the money.
I thought it was cheap.. In other countries like NZ and Aus custom plates are worth 1000s of dollars. Asians pay a fortune for 8 or H. In those countries you can resell your plates on.

Btw. In 2002 you had to speak to someone in the phone and they'd look up the available plates. I remember thinking how backwards that was....for a big country like Canada coming from NZ where we had an online lookup. Nice to see now in 2014 there is an online lookup.

Back
Top Bottom