GTAM at Grand Bend Weekend - Aug 23/24 2014 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM at Grand Bend Weekend - Aug 23/24 2014

Sorry, my post was not directed at Brian, I only quoted his post because of the "not to be missed" part.

Most fun track days I have ever attended.

By all accounts they are good but have you done Race for Sight? Also awesome and for a good cause.

Regarding Alien / Reverse Alien - I'd prefer reverse for a track day because it takes way less skill to set your entry speed for the carousel in that direction, so everyone can have fun getting it more or less right most of the time. It's more fun and less difficult. For a race I am going to say normal direction is better because getting the braking point and entry speed right at the end of the straight is what separates the men from the boys.

The triple apex bit is harder in reverse though...not sure why. I find it more difficult to knit it together into one turn going in that direction.

Regarding Alien / Reverse Alien - I'd prefer reverse for a track day because it takes way less skill to set your entry speed for the carousel in that direction, so everyone can have fun getting it more or less right most of the time. It's more fun and less difficult. For a race I am going to say normal direction is better because getting the braking point and entry speed right at the end of the straight is what separates the men from the boys.

The triple apex bit is harder in reverse though...not sure why. I find it more difficult to knit it together into one turn going in that direction.

Going into the carousel might be easier but setting your speed for the left at the end of the straight I found way more challenging than setting speed going into the carousel in forward direction. I guess at least there's a straight runoff in the reverse direction, but the carousel is so wide that it rarely gets completely blown.

which will make reverse modified umm, interesting.

By all accounts they are good but have you done Race for Sight? Also awesome and for a good cause.

so us going 9324736273023 mph outta the carousel down the back straight into a 60kph corner that fits 2 bikes is safer ?!!!! what?!

so us going 9324736273023 mph outta the carousel down the back straight into a 60kph corner that fits 2 bikes is safer ?!!!! what?!

Here's some more of these if you are running out: !!!!!!???????!!!!!!??????!!!!!!

My idea, right or wrong, is that braking after a long straight for a relatively wide, highspeed corner presents a better passing opportunity than a braking dual into a tight, slow corner where line options are limited. That's why I think normal direction might make for a better racetrack. On a track day I just feel like the reverse direction is less challenging and more fun, but maybe you're right that the hard braking into 3 is not ideal. The runoff there is nice to have though....I have used it :)

In that case we are doing what I say

Yep, with strong support from me.

<-------

... and I lost about 1500 in the big crash a few years back. You post a lot, holy crap. I focus almost exclusively on the track days section.

There were rumours of GBM adding a 3.1 km/mile(can't remember) track.

Back
Top Bottom