Off leash dog complaints | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off leash dog complaints

The real problem is 1000 dogs are awesome and fun and well behaved, but 2 of them ran over to greet an old lady that dropped her groceries and shrieked and one nipped a little kid because he just finished a peanut butter sammich. Now we get a leash law. One that nipped the little kid 'looked' like a pit bull, so we banned them. We created off leash parks and some dogs scrapped because they are DOGS and pack animals and will sort it out on their own, its over in 15 seconds, its never a fight to the death and in 15 yr of daily use I've never seen a dog bleed from it. Yes i'm in favor of extensive dog training, my idiot lab has had yrs of professional training, but once in a while he's a DOG, he makes mistakes. Stop making it worse for the rest of us, we have places around here that don't allow dogs at all, leash or not.

I understand that yes I am breaking the law according to the town of Ajax...guilty yes. I guess I was just venting more about how people have nothing better to do then complain about a dog that is not bothering them. More then likely looking out there back window seeing me and my kids run around with the dog carefree and they are jealous and miserable!
For 3 years my dog has run off leash and even in the summer will sit on the grass and not move ( even when other dogs would walk by him) and I am on the street with the kids playing baseball... he is that good of a dog!
Now we have new neighbours and they think its reckless im sure... will i stop walking him off leash... absolutely not. I will deal will the consequences though if I do get a fine. Yesterday they just came to see if he was licensed with a ticket in hand, but there system was not updated as we was licensed last month.. the look on his face was process when he couldnt give me a ticket!

I will do it more deiscreetly when I walk him off leash however, as I have that luxury as there is a big huge path and forest right behind my house, out of sight from any houses or roads... so that will be the plan.

The rest of the tight wads on here that that are anal about it, are either non dog owners or the ones with the little dogs on the leash that they cant control. I appreciate the support from the ones with dogs however and understand. For the dog lovers, check Baggsy's response and tell me if he shouldnt be shot.

One that nipped the little kid 'looked' like a pit bull, so we banned them.

No there was an attack of a girl in brantford in 2003 were three pit bulls tore her to shreds there are some studies that implicate the breed in 42% of attacks although being a generic term "pit bull" its hard to determine if there is a deeper commonality . I know the girl it messed her up pretty good for life. Not saying that i agree with the ban but thats a bit of a strawman of why the ban was enacted. A mixture of a bad ownership and historical breeding that does favor agressive behavor is at fault here. It is starting to get better with the breed due to breeders no longer needing the traits that made them popular historically while keeping the looks people want.

Never the less animal control came to my house cause a neighbour complained about me not leashing a dangerous dog apparently it was bothering kids at a park . I ignored the first complaint and made my case and they still gave me a warning. Then i got a second visit from animal control with a ticket. Made my case again and got it ripped up and promised no further action. Third visit from a supervisor i finaly said you need to tell me who is making this complaint so I can go sort this out. Was an older lady who was concerned that my rottie was causing problems at a park. I made my case to her and asked her to stop reporting me cause i don't own a dog.

When i lived in Newmarket that passed a law where my Cat had to be on a leash when outside lol.

I'm lucky i can walk my dog around the neighbourhood without a leash, but then again he's a little minature 50cc edition dog.

"The rest of the tight wads on here that that are anal about it, are either non dog owners or the ones with the little dogs on the leash that they cant control."

Wrong.

0147f0453b2e712ae1f521affa732f06.jpg

No there was an attack of a girl in brantford in 2003 were three pit bulls tore her to shreds there are some studies that implicate the breed in 42% of attacks although being a generic term "pit bull" its hard to determine if there is a deeper commonality . I know the girl it messed her up pretty good for life. Not saying that i agree with the ban but thats a bit of a strawman of why the ban was enacted. A mixture of a bad ownership and historical breeding that does favor agressive behavor is at fault here. It is starting to get better with the breed due to breeders no longer needing the traits that made them popular historically while keeping the looks people want.

Never the less animal control came to my house cause a neighbour complained about me not leashing a dangerous dog apparently it was bothering kids at a park . I ignored the first complaint and made my case and they still gave me a warning. Then i got a second visit from animal control with a ticket. Made my case again and got it ripped up and promised no further action. Third visit from a supervisor i finaly said you need to tell me who is making this complaint so I can go sort this out. Was an older lady who was concerned that my rottie was causing problems at a park. I made my case to her and asked her to stop reporting me cause i don't own a dog.

See that would be great... and I would have a civilized talk with the person that complained but they will not give me that information.

"The rest of the tight wads on here that that are anal about it, are either non dog owners or the ones with the little and big dogs on the leash that they cant control."

Wrong.

0147f0453b2e712ae1f521affa732f06.jpg

Fixed it! sorry!

See that would be great... and I would have a civilized talk with the person that complained but they will not give me that information.

Well i wasn't breaking the law and the supervisor went with me. In your case if you acknowledge you are breaking the law they wont do that. You should stop breaking the law that will stop it from affecting you. The law might not be reasonable but its there.

(i don't think your an ******* i just think the clip is funny)
[video=youtube;lbOtyWTRZ_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g[/video]

Thanks... I have read it already. The person wont show up I guarantee it. Knowing they have to deal with a neighbour that knows you complained on them?? Unless they have some really big balls.. and if they do, I am willing to be found guilty and pay the fine and now know who did it. Just sayin.

And your comment before is exactly why complainant information is not given...

and I don't have a small dog

P1110017.jpg

this is funny!

Last edited:
Well now you know that someone is complaining, id highly suggest you start walking the dogs with leashes.

I walk my dog with a leash 100% of the time, and she isnt anklebiter or you cant put her in your purse.

People are afraid of my dog, due to its look but shes a baby.

Well now you know that someone is complaining, id highly suggest you start walking the dogs with leashes.

I walk my dog with a leash 100% of the time, and she isnt anklebiter or you cant put her in your purse.

People are afraid of my dog, due to its look but shes a baby.

I am def gonna be more aware and not like he doesnt use a leash... when the kids get taken to the bus stop he is with them on a leash, but early am and late at night when I take him, he wont be on a leash, but I will keep it with me.

Remember though, I dont walk him on the street, he goes from the house, right down the path into that forst stuff you see on the pic, nobodys lawn is getting crapped on.

I understand that yes I am breaking the law according to the town of Ajax...guilty yes. I guess I was just venting more about how people have nothing better to do then complain about a dog that is not bothering them. More then likely looking out there back window seeing me and my kids run around with the dog carefree and they are jealous and miserable!
For 3 years my dog has run off leash and even in the summer will sit on the grass and not move ( even when other dogs would walk by him) and I am on the street with the kids playing baseball... he is that good of a dog!
Now we have new neighbours and they think its reckless im sure... will i stop walking him off leash... absolutely not. I will deal will the consequences though if I do get a fine. Yesterday they just came to see if he was licensed with a ticket in hand, but there system was not updated as we was licensed last month.. the look on his face was process when he couldnt give me a ticket!

I will do it more deiscreetly when I walk him off leash however, as I have that luxury as there is a big huge path and forest right behind my house, out of sight from any houses or roads... so that will be the plan.

The rest of the tight wads on here that that are anal about it, are either non dog owners or the ones with the little dogs on the leash that they cant control. I appreciate the support from the ones with dogs however and understand. For the dog lovers, check Baggsy's response and tell me if he shouldnt be shot.

Great, first you pm me that I sound like a ****** and disgust you, and now you think I should be shot, because one of my neighbors used to shoot them?

You just don't get it, do you?

You are the offending person, not the neighbour.
Talking to them, won't do anything, unless you're planning on trying to intimidate them.
Straighten up your act.

Remember though, I dont walk him on the street, he goes from the house, right down the path into that forst stuff you see on the pic, nobodys lawn is getting crapped on.

nobodys lawn is getting crapped on? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

This happened to me about 4 weeks ago – a white dog off leash comes running from the street into my back yard and it is running around and around in circles. I am looking at him through the window trying to recognize him but it is like the first time I see it. I am dog friendly, all I’m thinking is “who is the owner?”

Then, he takes a huge dump on the rose bush we keep in the back. He couldn't go closer to the tree, or do it on the middle where we have only grass... he had to go to the f'ink roses.

Then, the owner (the daughter of my neighbor from across the street) comes calling him from the street (NOTE- she did not walk into my property and did not see him poooing...) the dog went to meet her, and they were gone just like that.

I was p*****d off knowing that I had to go clean the sh**** they left in the backyard, I’m trying to get my pants on (I was wearing shorts, it was early morning in the weekend), trying to find my jacket, my boots, and my wife steps in and tells me to let it go. She said “no big deal, it is on top of the snow, I’ll pick it up, if you go out right now you are going to rip her head off, and then kill the dog, just let it go”. :angel8:

So maybe you think your dog is an angel, :p but unless you keep him on a leash 100% of the time, you just don’t know, all what it takes is 60 seconds to upset someone...

I am not interested in complaining to the City, but I guess your neighbor is.

Last edited:

In before the lock!!

One more thing... relax dude, just let it go, don't threathen anyone and get along with your neighbors... they can take you to court and then life won't be as pleasant living there anymore...

Honestly, the best advice from me to you is NOT to try to contact the person who complained.

You may want to talk to them, but obviously they do NOT want to talk to you, if you approach them it can be considered harrasment or intimidation to get them to retract the complain. DO NOT APPROACH.

It's a really bad idea for you to try and confront the person who made the complaint. I don't think they want to talk to you about it. What you might say may not appear to be confrontational to you and you would consider "civilized" it might not to the other person.

Just let it go. Move on and don't break the law.

Glad to see that you are at least thinking about modifying your behaviour. Good show.

and if you do find out who it is, don't tell them, or ask others if they should be shot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom