Off leash dog complaints | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off leash dog complaints

If someone went through the immense hassle of calling up and weaving through the bureaucracy in order to file a complaint, they were obviously bothered. I'm not sure why they don't just call the pound and have them come and collect the dog and possibly put it down. That's what I'd do if a dog were bothering me or my family. One of my neighbors up north used to just shoot them, he found it a waste of his time to complain.

What are you going to do if the neighbor shows up? Stop doing it? Throw a brick through their window?

Try to get along with your neighbors. When your out there having a heart attack, they're the ones who'll call 9-1-1, or not.

^^^ +1

And this ^^^ is just childish. I wish I was your neighbour.[/QUOTE

I wish you were too... then when you show up and I know its you... i can make being a neighbour way more terrible then a friendly loose dog. Cheers!

Dude, I don't get your attitude.
You are usually an easy going guy on here then you have these odd moments.
You want other people to respect the laws but you don't want to and just because someone is willing to come to court because YOU made it get to that (wasting tax $) then you want to make life hard on them. They are taking time off work or whatever to come to a court to deal with YOUR problem that became theirs.

If you want to fix your creditability then send them a note or drop by with a bottle of wine and say my apologies for letting things go there and I will work on it please assist by letting me know or should you ever see my dog out on the street please call me to avoid them getting it by a car.

I think you will make more friends that way, you are forgetting if that one person is willing to come to court then you probably ****** off another five. If you fight them like this then they can easily toss some poisoned hot dogs or whatever and kill your dog out of spite to you and to make the problem vanish...see how that gets out of control easily.

I'll start with I have dogs, large dogs, and I have had animal control visit my house. The complainer may take the time to show up or not, animal control has been to your house twice so they have a file. If the complaintant doesn't show, they have had you take a day off work and go fight your ticket. They are winning. If they call about your dog again, animal control has to investigate and report to the complainer what the resolution was, that's how it works. And you get another ticket, which you can fight or not. Playing the I can be a bigger dick card? really? Just take the dog to a place where he can run free from issues.

You sound like a person with a vendetta.

Get over it. **** happens. Get away with the fine if you can and then put your dog on a leash. If you try to go out there to be the better person by giving the person who made the complaint's life miserable then stop.

You might not agree with it but you did something wrong. If you find out who complained apologize and don't do it again.

I hate people who have dogs not on leash. My dog doesn't like other dogs so sometimes when an off leash dog comes up to her she snaps at the other dog. I keep my dog on leash.

I really don't mind seeing off leash dogs on trails. This is coming from someone that had to take rabies shots :)

I find the leashed purse dogs way more annoying.

The gtam iron fist on anything but bikes. Wonder how many you break the noise bylaws with loud exhaust pipes or go 1KM/h over the limit. Like drivers/riders some dog owners have good control over their dogs and don't put anyone in danger if they break the law a bit.

+1

Laughable negative responses to ajax guy. We have no choice but to take him on his word that the dog running loose is not a problem. "Dog not on leash" whoopdeedoo. People and there black and white laws.:rolleyes:

OP what happens if your dog bites someone while stretching his legs? Will you blame that person as well for being in the way?
City now has a file on YOUR dog...and on you as a dog Owner not using a leash. Anything happens its your *** on the line.

I dont understand your point....YOU break the law....YOUR dog is bothering others....and YOU take issue with them calling the city? That's why they're there. The caller may think that if he goes up to you it can end badly, frankly it looks like you're right...he's wrong...and **** it.

Anyway i love dogs, and hate when people don't leash them in parks because they **** everywhere, and run up to people and scare them. Just cause dog owners love their dogs, doesn't mean everyone else also has to.

its pretty simple dude.. Leash your friggin pet.

in your own words "So I live in Ajax... I have a 3 year old boxer. Since a pup has been running free without a leash ok '

you are the reason for the saying " there are no bad pets, just bad owners "

I can tell you this much.. If i were walking with a Child, and i saw a dog running towards me i dont know if its angry or playfull, and Im not waiting to find out..

I'd protect the kid by killing your pet. Hoipefully it doesnt come to that, and you keep your pet on a leash.

AS for the other badass that lets his dog run free in the park becasue they dont cut the grass , and also rides his bike on park property.. Stop acting like a idiotic child. are you 16 or an adult ?

i wonder who you'd complain to if your dog thats running free got run over by kid on a dirtbike? lol

I

I have a very well trained dog (we shoot birds in fairly close proximity to him, he needs to listen) and even though he is nothing but friendly and has excellent recall and good manners, he is on leash when required. I trust him 100%, he hasn't even bruised a single goose no matter how hard they fight him as he retrieves. But, other people don't know him.
Some dogs are not well mannered, some are aggressive for whatever reason. That is the biggest reason I keep mine on leash, so I don't risk my dog being bit. I've had to gut kick a few random dogs for aggressive behaviour. Protect your dog, keep it on a leash until you get to the dog park where you're surrounded by dog people.

Pet peeve is ill behaved dogs at off leash dog parks. I had a shepherd mix come right at my lab who was at my side with no real warning at a dog park. I mean this thing saw my dog from 100' away and charged. The owner was not impressed with the *** kicking that dog received, but after I told the owner what I thought about their dog training abilities, and a few other people telling the guy not to bring his dog back to the park, I haven't seen them ever return.
There is a lot more to dog ownership than feeding them and letting them outside to crap.

If someone went through the immense hassle of calling up and weaving through the bureaucracy in order to file a complaint, they were obviously bothered. I'm not sure why they don't just call the pound and have them come and collect the dog and possibly put it down. That's what I'd do if a dog were bothering me or my family. One of my neighbors up north used to just shoot them, he found it a waste of his time to complain.

What are you going to do if the neighbor shows up? Stop doing it? Throw a brick through their window?

Try to get along with your neighbors. When your out there having a heart attack, they're the ones who'll call 9-1-1, or not.

You gotta be kidding me.... I hope your joking otherwise you are real **** and for sure do not own a dog. Plus they could not have been bothered, he has not interacted with anyone. He is off leash with me before work at 5 am and before bed at 10pm. The odd time, when nobody is around on the weekend he runs around in the bush. He doesnt bother anyone! And i mean anyone. I could literally tell him to sit beside me while people walk by and he wont budge.

I just prefer to let him off leash here because those off leash dog parks are dangerous and untrained dogs there that I am not comfortable with as my dog isnt an alpha male type dog. I actually beat the system with them tonight, but wont get into it.

I appreciate all of your responses, some more then others, and like screwface baggsy here, take a chill pill!

You gotta be kidding me.... I hope your joking otherwise you are real **** and for sure do not own a dog. Plus they could not have been bothered, he has not interacted with anyone. He is off leash with me before work at 5 am and before bed at 10pm. The odd time, when nobody is around on the weekend he runs around in the bush. He doesnt bother anyone! And i mean anyone. I could literally tell him to sit beside me while people walk by and he wont budge.

I just prefer to let him off leash here because those off leash dog parks are dangerous and untrained dogs there that I am not comfortable with as my dog isnt an alpha male type dog. I actually beat the system with them tonight, but wont get into it.

I appreciate all of your responses, some more then others, and like screwface baggsy here, take a chill pill!

Dude, I have a feeling that this will not end well for your dog and possibly you (lawsuit?).

Stop and think of it this way, your dog may be super duper dog. What if someone takes a shovel to him and kill him...because in the past they had a dog attack them or their kid therefore they take no chances. In the end you would be wrong and your dog will be dead. Did the dog deserve that? The human will win but the dog will likely be the one to pay the price...somehow. Also, you are keeping the Animal Control people in business so I am sure they will be more than happy to respond to calls pertaining to YOU.
See how that does not help you.

Good luck to you, I hope you get a new perspective tomorrow.

AS for the other badass that lets his dog run free in the park becasue they dont cut the grass , and also rides his bike on park property.. Stop acting like a idiotic child. are you 16 or an adult ?

I don't give a flying crap what you think. The neighbours are fine with everbody letting their dogs off leash in the park because they all know the city ignores the park (along with all the other neighbourhood's issues), and that's all that matters. Some noob on GTAM's opinion and a dollar sixty is worth a Med. Timmy's.

Dude, I have a feeling that this will not end well for your dog and possibly you (lawsuit?).

Stop and think of it this way, your dog may be super duper dog. What if someone takes a shovel to him and kill him...because in the past they had a dog attack them or their kid therefore they take no chances. In the end you would be wrong and your dog will be dead. Did the dog deserve that? The human will win but the dog will likely be the one to pay the price...somehow. Also, you are keeping the Animal Control people in business so I am sure they will be more than happy to respond to calls pertaining to YOU.
See how that does not help you.

Good luck to you, I hope you get a new perspective tomorrow.

I appreciate the responses but you clearly are not understanding what I said.... My dog does not run to people... at all!! there are rarely if ever any people around, so no im not worried about my dog getting hit in the head with a shovel... i would more likely get hit in the head with it, not my dog.

Btw you sound like a robot

Okay, so if you want your dog to be leash free and break the law, man up and pay the damn fines....dont insinuate how you're gonna find out whos complaining when they go to court and then "show" them what kind of a neighbor you are. You just sound immature. It doesnt matter that your dog is the bestest, most trained, super duper doggy in the whole wide world. No leash = breaking the law. What you should be ****** at is the irresponsible dog owners who didnt train their dogs and have led to these draconian laws

I speed, i get caught, i pay the fine. I dont go and try to justify how me speeding that one single time was okay as i wasnt hurting anyone.

I have a very well trained dog (we shoot birds in fairly close proximity to him, he needs to listen) and even though he is nothing but friendly and has excellent recall and good manners, he is on leash when required. I trust him 100%, he hasn't even bruised a single goose no matter how hard they fight him as he retrieves. But, other people don't know him.
Some dogs are not well mannered, some are aggressive for whatever reason. That is the biggest reason I keep mine on leash, so I don't risk my dog being bit. I've had to gut kick a few random dogs for aggressive behaviour. Protect your dog, keep it on a leash until you get to the dog park where you're surrounded by dog people.

Pet peeve is ill behaved dogs at off leash dog parks. I had a shepherd mix come right at my lab who was at my side with no real warning at a dog park. I mean this thing saw my dog from 100' away and charged. The owner was not impressed with the *** kicking that dog received, but after I told the owner what I thought about their dog training abilities, and a few other people telling the guy not to bring his dog back to the park, I haven't seen them ever return.
There is a lot more to dog ownership than feeding them and letting them outside to crap.

Is your dog fixed? I don't see alot of working dogs that are....

I sympathize OP. This is unfortunately one of those things where people have the right to be an anal d***wad should they choose to exercise that right, even if your dog is behaved. So from a strictly legal sense, they are in the "right" to complain and tell on you to daddy. Sadly it's letter of the law; spirit be damned.
If your dog was being disruptive it would be a different story but I wish people would otherwise mind their own business. Same goes for hermits who call parking enforcement because there's a car parked on the neighbourhood street 3 houses away. To anyone who says these people are genuinely "bothered" by such things... no they're not. They're bothered by their miserable selves. If the colour green bothered them they'd lodge a complaint if the law said they could.

I appreciate the responses but you clearly are not understanding what I said.... My dog does not run to people... at all!! there are rarely if ever any people around, so no im not worried about my dog getting hit in the head with a shovel... i would more likely get hit in the head with it, not my dog.

Btw you sound like a robot

It is not me that needs to understand what you are saying.
Let I-Robot help you compute with what you wrote, see bold above.
Dog off leash - against the law
People are or can be around - check
computing, computing, computing
Judge says you lose

Thank god I don't live in the city. My dog walks with me without a leash daily and never once have we had an issue. That said he knows not to leave my side unless we're in the park space across the road but even then he runs and figures out I'm not so he comes right back. Has zero interest in people or other animals.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

My dog walks with me without a leash daily and never once have we had an issue.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

but, but thats against the LAW!!!!!! sarcasm

I had a boxer. Passed away last year. Gotta give it to ya, how the hell you get that dog to listen. Mine was nuts!
Anyhow a lot of bs responses on here but that's gtam! ;)
Bottom line is it's not because you are hated. Same **** in in every neighborhood. We have someone around our area who constantly calls parking authority. Maybe bored? Hates life? Who knows.
But regardless I agree with the dog park. Too many people let their untrained dogs run around. I had an altercation their with someone and their dog which ended up with him looking up at the stars.
I agree with the law and obviously disagree. Their are some bad dogs out their. Not always their fault. More the owner on occasion. But it's simple. They are the reason your dog can't run free.
Just takes one of those dogs to run up to a small child.... And rest is obvious.
Would yours? Obviously not. I agree with ya buddy, and it's too bad. Especially since boxers need a lot of play time to run out the **** load of energy they have.

But as stated above, nosy neighbor syndrome I think ;)

Have you tried a weight jacket? Used that with my boxer. Runs them out of energy a little quicker?
Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom