Talk about lane splitting, this guy is outta his ****ing mind!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Talk about lane splitting, this guy is outta his ****ing mind!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Talk about lane splitting, this guy is outta his F***ing mind!!

Life's cheap in Brazil.. While I'm all for reasonable splitting/filtering, this dude's taking too many risks

If you watch carefully, and if you actually understand Portuguese and you realize what the normal behavior of traffic in Brazil is like, you soon realize that's he's actually a reasonably safe dude; comparatively speaking of course.

He talks about the importance of constant shoulder checks and not relying on your mirror, and makes a point to warn about target fixation. He explains how you always have to be looking at the cars around and not relying only on the turn signals but also expecting what they MIGHT do. He explains how you gotta start on something small, a 150 for example and how you'll kill yourself if you think you can just start off on a big bike and take it from there; He goes on to talk about dropping his first bike and how his mom made him sell it and buy something smaller. He's also 35 and has been riding in that kind of traffic for quite literally over half his life; since he was 16.

You also have to realize this is what every motorcycle rider does in that country, so cars are expecting it. You can usually count on cars not doing something stupid to kill you. You can see when he goes into the tunnel how both lanes of traffic move to the outside to give room in the centre for lane splitters. When he goes to the far right curb he even makes a point to mention how dangerous it is to ride by the curbs on account of all the sand that gets pushed out there; he mentions how he is only riding by the curb because there have been a few days of rain that have washed away most of the sand.

So yes, while it does look like a death wish ride from a maniac, it's a actually a guy that really knows his **** pushing his skills to the limit.

So yes, while it does look like a death wish ride from a maniac, it's a actually a guy that really knows his **** pushing his skills to the limit.

I have to say it. If your skills are "pushed to the limit" when riding in traffic you will live a very short life. You NEVER ride at 100% on the street or what happens when something goes wrong? Nothing to do but wait for help to move your wrecked *** out of traffic.

Not saying this dude is over his head at all, just about the way your statement reads.

.....Not saying this dude is over his head at all, just about the way your statement reads.

Yup, reading over it again, I see exactly what you mean; my statement doesn't really convey the point I was trying to get across very well.

There's also lots of other motorcyclists filtering on the highway. I would guess the drivers are used to it and maintain some lane discipline as a result. Skilled? Definitely. Shoulder checks, friendly horn beeps and throttle blipping (?) to keep folks aware.

Can't understand Portugese, but he sounded composed too. Who wouldn't want to commute like that?

He probably saved 1 -2 hrs of sitting in traffic

Back and forth, that can be someones whole nights rest saved!

Calculated assuming he does save 2 hrs each way and assuming he takes this route every day - ever since he started riding (15 years), he saved 456 days of his commuting time by filtering! Lol

Please don't get all serious about how its obvious he doesn't ride the same route everyday for the last 15 years...

Last edited:

this guy has skill, but this is deff a bad accident waiting to happen. and im sure he knows it too, that 1 accident the way he rides will be brutal.

also, the drivers may be used to lane splitters, but he was the only rider seen to be doing excessive speeds while splitting. the others were splitting at considerably lower speeds.

forget everything else, I just loveee his commentary but have no clue wtf he's saying..."ahhh, Porschee Boxter..." I love it:lmao:

This kind of stuff always reminds me of a story about the Mohawks who had moved to NYC from upstate NY to find work in construction as ironworkers.

They became famous because while working on the early New York skyscrapers, like the Empire State Building they were known for being daredevils: working without any sort of safety rope, dancing and joking while up on exposed rafters, doing crazy acrobatics and the like. They were doing dangerous work not many people wanted to do and it paid well. The mohawks even made a tradition out of it and generations of them have worked in New York as ironworkers for tall buildings.

When it started, in the 10's and 20's people were really impressed, thinking these young guys had all the skills and that they were just plain better at this stuff. At the time, there were a lot of goofy bull**** racial theories about why the Mohawks were better, like they all sprang from branch to branch in forests or whatever, as if they were squirrels (hey, it was the 20's).

Only when you looked up the numbers from those early showy days, they were dying and being injured at a higher rates than the other workers. They were as human as anyone else, they just pushed themselves much closer to the limit every day they worked and it caught up with a lot of them.

Life's cheap in Brazil.. While I'm all for reasonable splitting/filtering, this dude's taking too many risks

I would have to agree

He probably saved 1 -2 hrs of sitting in traffic

Yea and when he finally wrecks he's gonna make 100s of people sit there for hours in a backup while they try and collect his body and motorcycle parts

And I thought traffic is bad in GTA...

watched the hole thing waiting for a crash. This guy can't be doing this everyday. maybe a bit throttle happy cause the camera was on. Just plane stupid!

Yea and when he finally wrecks he's gonna make 100s of people sit there for hours in a backup while they try and collect his body and motorcycle parts

I doubt it. Traffic will stop long enough for someone to scrape him up with a shovel, if it stops at all.

And I thought traffic is bad in GTA...

LMAO. trying going anywhere in the Middle East. Park your car on the highway and shut it off for 20 mins... and no i'm not kidding.

This is along the MAIN highway at 6pm.. at least it's moving.
[video=youtube;wBqq6kAoEBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqq6kAoEBQ[/video]

Sooner or later his luck will run out. His videos has been posted here before. What he is doing is not normal, look at the other bikers

Sent from my tablet using my paws

They do give motorcycle licenses to the mentally ill. This guy is either on something, or severely bipolar.

LMAO. trying going anywhere in the Middle East. Park your car on the highway and shut it off for 20 mins... and no i'm not kidding.

This is along the MAIN highway at 6pm.. at least it's moving.
[video=youtube;wBqq6kAoEBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqq6kAoEBQ[/video]

Looks like the 401 with a couple lanes less ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the 401 with a couple lanes less ;) lol

It can't be the 401.. I actually saw those cars are moving :eek:

Back
Top Bottom