why apex an vigil? | GTAMotorcycle.com

why apex an vigil?

Boi-O-Lex

So I noticed that team empire is coming to the motorcycle show in Feb to preform some stunt shows an have read they are doing shows across Canada. So my question is why Americans when we have Stunters here in Canada, I have nothing against them just would be nice to see Canadians holding it down

They are too busy stuck doing another year in school because their vocabulary hasn't evloved from phrases like "mossin' & holding it down"

and punctuation too
;)

JK, joking aside, most bikes are in hibernation + rusty riders = bad show?

Is say it's because they are sponsored by big name companies that get them into the shows and also pay the bills to have the show setup and get the riders abd their bikes there.

When I did shows in toronto no organizers Wanted to pay more then $500 for a whole team. $500 for 3+ riders didn't exactly pay the bills, and we usually went home paying out of pocket to do a show.

Bigger venues would ask if we had insurance as a stunt team, some when you said not didn't want anything to do with you. Kinda hard to afford a insurance policy for a stunt team that only gets $200-500 for an event.

It sucks but it seems the us is sponsoring these stunt riders much better then here in canada.
So much that even our parts catalogued have pictures of us sponsored stunt riders in them.

Last edited:
That makes sense, so would the sponsor help get them more money to do the show?

Or do they just fork out all this cake in hopes that people will buy the products they are using to make there money back? Because if that's the case seems like a very unprofitable venture for the sponsor but a sweet job for the rider.

To the op your question would be best posed to the event organizer.

Take a look at the resume of a Nick apex and Ernie vigil compared to any stunter from our country, they are leaps and bounds bigger and better. However to have them come to our country for a stunt show is odd, considering no one outside of a very small stunt community knows who they are. Therefore the crowds mind can be blown by Joe Anyone Ontario.

I think Johnny hit the nail on the head. The U.S riders sponsors are stepping up in a big way to get them here and mostly foot the bill. Even if the organizer did contact local talent, it plays out like Johnny said. Nick and Ernie are sick riders, it'll be a good show regardless of politics : )

To the op your question would be best posed to the event organizer.

Take a look at the resume of a Nick apex and Ernie vigil compared to any stunter from our country, they are leaps and bounds bigger and better. However to have them come to our country for a stunt show is odd, considering no one outside of a very small stunt community knows who they are. Therefore the crowds mind can be blown by Joe Anyone Ontario.

I think Johnny hit the nail on the head. The U.S riders sponsors are stepping up in a big way to get them here and mostly foot the bill. Even if the organizer did contact local talent, it plays out like Johnny said. Nick and Ernie are sick riders, it'll be a good show regardless of politics : )

Most likely Parts Canada or another Icon distributor bringing them in on a cross promo, just like when they brought Jason Britten down a few shows back....He even went to some local shops around the same time for a day each for autograph signings.

Ive seen a few guys from the local just destroying last year. Yeah there good, but we got good talent here too, so in my mind, Johnie is probably right. There not paying to ride the show, the sponser is so its costing them money to have nick and ernie there but the exposure is going to be worth it for them in the long run. Ps, On an unrelated note. I wish I had the honor of seeing Johniep636 kill it, Hope your doing well man. I dont know you more than just to know who you are but I respect the OG's in the canadian stunt community and I would have loved to rip up a lot with you.

When I was talking to Nick about the same question, he told me that he tried to get local guys to come to the shows in the past. But a couple guys talked a big game about how good they were and they lied. So when it came down to show time they had nothing to offer. And secondly if the local stunter shows up on the wrong brand bike and wearing the wrong gear(as in not the same as who is sponsoring the show), that he gets in trouble with his sponsors.

I just think it would be nice if the 1% of guys that make it to that level could do a little something to spotlight the local guys that do the same.

Back
Top Bottom