Supermoto Practice and introduction lessons | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supermoto Practice and introduction lessons

Humm...I feel a cold coming along. *cough* *cough*. I should take the day off of work just to be safe.

I need to attend a track day with instruction to get my street riding headed in the right direction but cant make it this weekend as I will be out of the country. Whats the next best day for me?

Looking to learn how to lean the bike more and to use my right foot more efficiently on a KTM Duke.

I told work I'm goin to further my education...... :)

I need to attend a track day with instruction to get my street riding headed in the right direction but cant make it this weekend as I will be out of the country. Whats the next best day for me?

Looking to learn how to lean the bike more and to use my right foot more efficiently on a KTM Duke.
There is another practice day on September 13th.

Oh no ! ...... Just realized that its on Friday the 13 th !!! Might have to take a pass on this one...

Huge shout out to Keith and the Supermoto Ontario team for a fabulous weekend at SMP!!! I can't say enough great things about the atmosphere and all the help for rookies such as I that came out to my first track day! The experience was one of the best times I have had on two wheels.

For all you people out there that maybe contemplating or considering a track day on your dirt bike, dual sport or supermoto this is a great experience! We need more people to grow the sport of Supermoto and its a lot easier than you may think!

The team is more than willing to do what ever it takes to get you out and having fun at the track!

Once again, Great Job Guys!!!

Keith & Kevin..... You guys rock. Fun, fun, fun. Thanx boys. MORE ! MORE ! MORE !!!!! :D

Is it pricey to convert a Dual Sport or Off Road bike to SuperMoto?
Motocross bikes and the only ones worth converting. Most dual sports are too heavy.
The conversion is not very expensive, especially if you find some used wheels.

Last edited:
A few K
It all depend how crazy you are
Slipper clutch(800 to 1300)
Suspention (500 to 1000)
Wheels something cheap 1000
Something good 2600
Breaks around 1000
And them plus this plus that
But get a mx bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few K
It all depend how crazy you are
Slipper clutch(800 to 1300)
Suspention (500 to 1000)
Wheels something cheap 1000
Something good 2600
Breaks around 1000
And them plus this plus that
But get a mx bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
........... " USED"....as in not new....

Okay, forget that. :p
What about Blue plated WR450F that needs DOT legal setup. How much would that be? Are 17" rims necessary or is it just for better variety of tires?

You can run a sportsman setup if you don't want to buy wheels: http://www.supermotoontario.com/p/tech.html
17" wheels let you run proper tires and you can also run them on the street.

Yeah, Thanks. I saw a few dozen Blue plated WR450F that didn't have any street legal equip for around 3g while there is a "SuperMoto" WR450F that is just street legal stuff on it for 5g which I couldn't figure out how it worked out to be that much.

Would rims, tires, new sprockets & chain, mirrors and front signals (or maybe integrated handlebar guards) and rear signals/plate bracket/fender eliminator even cost 2g if all were purchased new? It seems steep as **** and he wont budge on price. Opinions?

Yeah, Thanks. I saw a few dozen Blue plated WR450F that didn't have any street legal equip for around 3g while there is a "SuperMoto" WR450F that is just street legal stuff on it for 5g which I couldn't figure out how it worked out to be that much.

Would rims, tires, new sprockets & chain, mirrors and front signals (or maybe integrated handlebar guards) and rear signals/plate bracket/fender eliminator even cost 2g if all were purchased new? It seems steep as **** and he wont budge on price. Opinions?
New? Maybe. Really depends on the condition of the bike. PM me the ad and I'll give you my thoughts.

The dude literally changed the price from 5g to swap/trade 18min ago lol. The "other stuff" included were just basic bolt on parts like pegs, sliders, etc. iirc

I meant like he's basically trying to charge full price for used DOT legal parts.
These WR450F aren't as great for maintenance intervals as WR250R until they have their top end rebuilt with steel valves but are still a better choice than many other converted Dirt Bikes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom