how long for Nexus Pass application review? | GTAMotorcycle.com

how long for Nexus Pass application review?

regder

Site Supporter
Mine has been pending review for over a month now. How long does this thing take?

When my boss did his it took him 2-3 months or so. Have you gone in for an interview yet?

It takes up to 3 months to get a conditional pass and then you have to make an appt. for interview which can be another month or so if you are planning to go to Pearson. If you are willing to drive further out of GTA it will be much quicker as they are not as busy.

When my boss did his it took him 2-3 months or so. Have you gone in for an interview yet?

Apparently the interview is after a conditional approval which I don't have yet. Not in a rush at this moment, just didn't know if this wait was normal or not.

it appears a wait is normal business, I waited 3mths and finally have interviews next wk. I was able to get an interview booked within 60 days by going to Ft Erie.

I waited three months then took two more before my appointment. Your wait times are normal.

it appears a wait is normal business, I waited 3mths and finally have interviews next wk. I was able to get an interview booked within 60 days by going to Ft Erie.

Seems to be that Ft Erie is the way to go .... Pearson times are ridiculous.

Seems like you need to wait 10days to 3months for a 2min interview.

Its not a 2 min interview, you meet CDN officer and get vetted and briefed on the do/dont of the system, back to waiting room, meet CDN officer and get iris scan, back to waiting room, meet US officer and get questioned and vetted , finger printed and photos, back to waiting room, meet US officer and get the system explained on the US side, dos/dont and they explain how to be efficient and how to loose your priviledge. Whole process took about 1.5hrs , 5 officers involved and 2 countries.
And in 5 years you do it all again.

^I had the CDN and US officer sitting side by side, no running back & forth for me lol

I had 1 month wait then took it at Pearson

You do not need to do it all over again in 5 years. The renewal is just a fee.

Nexus is already being phased out of the airports, make sure when you get yours it includes GLOBAL access. Mine did and it was included in the $50. Maybe its standard now. I did mine at the Whirpool bridge.

you would be incorrect, its a computer generated choice system, aided by possibly how many times you changed your info on your nexus card file (address, cell phone, e mail all needs updates on nexus if you change) there is not a straight fee for renewal. They are adding Nexus at Cdn airports for express boarding security lanes (you follow the pilot line) The odds are about 75% you'll do interviews again according to the US officer last night. They do not publish the figures. Much the same when driving across with Nexus, they may not secondary check 20 cars, then do the next dozen. Its computer generated search choices.

Sort of on topic, if one person in a family has a nexus pass is the entire car allowed to go through the nexus lane or do they have to go through the normal lane?

Sort of on topic, if one person in a family has a nexus pass is the entire car allowed to go through the nexus lane or do they have to go through the normal lane?

Everyone in a nexus lane must have their own card. This is one of the ways to lose it if I remember correctly.

If you have a car of people and only one has the pass, you cannot use the nexus line.

Took a little under 3 months total time, but I'm in the Soo. In contrast, my buddy whose father lives overseas has taken over 5 months and still no interview. There's a lot of factors

Protips: US Customs/Border Patrol are pretty good about the whole Nexus system and prefer it. CBSA will sometimes give you a hard time and demand your passport as well as your Nexus card (I was told having the card but no passport on you will get it taken away). Also, the Nexus Kiosks at Pearson are down enough that having your passport makes your life easier. Land crossings Nexus is easier. In addition, when boarding international flights to the US, some like Air Canada or Porter will demand a passport instead of just your Nexus card.

Last edited:
Mac your correct, Nexus pass does not replace your passport, it adds speed to your process. The airline will still require passport shown with boarding pass for AC and I've heard Porter, Delta and United will take the Nexus as "photo id" . Where it shines is airport security, you get to use the pilot line, even some domestic travel benefits (T.O. and Edmonton is where Ive used it) . If you have Nexus and a carload of passengers, make sure everybody can show you the pass before you get in the Nexus lane, They screw up and you loose your pass.

Got an update, got my conditional approval pending interview a couple days ago, so almost exactly two months after I applied. First available interview for Buffalo or Niagara is March 25th, so three months from the start assuming everything goes well.

Got an update, got my conditional approval pending interview a couple days ago, so almost exactly two months after I applied. First available interview for Buffalo or Niagara is March 25th, so three months from the start assuming everything goes well.

Thats pretty close to my experience, once we completed the interview our passes arrived with 10 days so that was refreshing. We were at the interview office 1/2 hr early (didnt want to miss the apt.) and got taken in early, but the process of meeting 4 agents still took a couple hrs all in.

Forgot to update the thread. Went for the interview which was beyond a cakewalk. Came about 30 minutes early just in case. Waited 30 minutes, spoke to the first guy who basically just confirmed some basic information. Sat down for another thirty minutes. Second guy calls me up, don't think he actually asked me anything except for my name, game me a brochure. Sat back down for another 30 minutes. Last guy called me, says I already had my Canadian interview (hmmmmm, must have been the second guy, who knew). No questions, explained how Nexus works, a few more brochures, took my picture and prints. Said card will arrive in about a week

That was it folks. Now I have the card and special RFID pouch (really???...) and am ready to beat the lines when I go touring south on a long weekend :wave:

Back
Top Bottom