Yz 250 for trail riding?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yz 250 for trail riding??

Made it up the sand hill plenty of times with you guys on my hybrid 200kdx.

I've also climbed sand hill on my former cr125r but 2 strokes are a different beast.

Oh the Dacre is tempting!!! WudzRydr was trying to get a team together for it 2 years ago - what about this year Rob? You going for it?

Last edited:
The dacre is very tempting but I don't really have a bike for it anymore. I handed the DRZ off to my son last summer and I'd have to spend too much money on the ktm to do it.

Maybe next time.

Tapatalkin'

Are you guys talking about trumps hill, the tight steep goat path beside it or the big sand pit near the forest centre?

I went looking through my old videos for the te250 trying to climb it, but I couldn't seem to locate anything. I did however find a video from back in 2009 where I tried the hill on a 250 and failed miserably. This video proves nothing other than my fat *** needs the power of a 450 to drag me to the top ;) Then again, it wasn't my bike so I didn't feel like winding it out too much, but still...

[video=youtube;dQaRoEokElY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQaRoEokElY[/video]

I went looking through my old videos for the te250 trying to climb it, but I couldn't seem to locate anything. I did however find a video from back in 2009 where I tried the hill on a 250 and failed miserably. This video proves nothing other than my fat *** needs the power of a 450 to drag me to the top ;) Then again, it wasn't my bike so I didn't feel like winding it out too much, but still...

I'd have made it. ;) :p

But seriously, I don't think Brian really winds his bikes up.

Sounds like you need to be a gear or two lower on both bikes.By the way thats me on the kawi 200 2stroke that made up the hill no problem.

Sounds like you need to be a gear or two lower on both bikes.By the way thats me on the kawi 200 2stroke that made up the hill no problem.

My 12 year old niece could make it up on a 2 stroke - like I said I made it up no problem on my cr125r. My only point was that if it were me and I was riding a 4t, I'd want the power of a 450 for times like this. I didn't see you hopping off your bike trying to get Jeff's bike to the top of the hill that day :p

My 12 year old niece could make it up on a 2 stroke - like I said I made it up no problem on my cr125r. My only point was that if it were me and I was riding a 4t, I'd want the power of a 450 for times like this. I didn't see you hopping off your bike trying to get Jeff's bike to the top of the hill that day :p
4stokes put down power way better than a 2stroke in soft stuff,I made it up many hills there on my wr250 4st. and you don't need to be 160lbs.Like I said you just need to be in the right gear and keep the revs up.If I get another 250 4str. ill come out and show you:)

Last edited:
Its a bit south west of look out hill. Its in the south west corner of the Ganny. Pure sand and I don't think it matters what your riding if you're not pinned you're not making it. The hill climbs that are closed are just north of the sand hill and are much more of a rider challenge. I think one is called thorpes or something like that. I'm on a drz400 now and I'm not sure I'd make it on the 400 with the extra weight. I'm sure at some point this season I'll give it a shot. I have pictures of it half way up greens mountain so whats a bit of sand in the ganaraska.
DR-Z will make it up that hill no problem. Done it plenty on my old one. I did put it into the bushes on the right once though lol.

Back
Top Bottom