New Toronto parking rules kick in next week | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Toronto parking rules kick in next week

The rush hour fine is great but the rest is complete BS. The outstanding parking tickets policy is especially BS. I used to get ticketed on my old street a lot but didn't have much of a choice because we had three cars in the household. I would let the tickets accumulate and then pay the fine + fees at plate renewal time. This means I'm giving them MORE money than if I were to pay each ticket immediately. So why do they want to tow my car when I'm basically promising to pay more money? I can't run from the tickets and keep renewing my plate stickers so it's plainly obvious this is a dirty cash grab.

+1</SPAN></SPAN>

How come no one is outraged about this? </SPAN></SPAN>This is taxation and greed, plain and simple, and towing the vehicle is an unusual and punitive measure… </SPAN></SPAN>

There is already a process to enforce payment of tickets (at license renewal), there is no need to tow cars, then the driver has to pay fees that have nothing to do with parking.

EDIT: Time to start a towing company!!!</SPAN></SPAN>

Last edited:
Actually towing is the only remedy that might actually work. Leaving people who are parked illegally and blocking traffic on major thoroughfares, at rush hour, is ludicrous. There are lots of places in the world where your car will be on a hook and 'gone in 60 seconds', if you're that selfish.

Towing because of a set amount of fines owed or outstanding tickets? That's the dumb thing.

Actually towing is the only remedy that might actually work. Leaving people who are parked illegally and blocking traffic on major thoroughfares, at rush hour, is ludicrous. There are lots of places in the world where your car will be on a hook and 'gone in 60 seconds', if you're that selfish.

Towing because of a set amount of fines owed or outstanding tickets? That's the dumb thing.

So the only illegally parked vehicles at rush hour will be the TOW TRUCKS... like vultures, waiting in turn for the next victim...

This is going to be bad news for couriers. They get so many tickets that it is possible that a given times they have 3 or more unpaid tickets. The additional expenses will be eventually passed on to the consumer...

The courier issue was already covered at some length.

Based on how things operate in other jurisdictions, the tow trucks wouldn't get a chance to park.

Also, as I see it, the semi permanent blockages caused by construction hoardings, that are pushing pedestrian traffic into the street and causing lane closures, are far more of an ongoing issue. For example what wingnut decided that it was reasonable to park construction equipment on Yonge northbound, north of Front, blocking one or two lanes for weeks?

City actually issues the road occupancy permits for taking up lanes for construction and charges a rather large sum every day that the lane is blocked.

City actually issues the road occupancy permits for taking up lanes for construction and charges a rather large sum every day that the lane is blocked.

Which would be immaterial if actually getting traffic moving was a priority, but......

Which would be immaterial if actually getting traffic moving was a priority, but......

Yup. Same thing when I see the same piece of road ripped up 4 times in one summer, each for a different utility. Little bit of coordination and overall planning would do wonders but....

Back
Top Bottom