Litre bikes that redefined the class | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Litre bikes that redefined the class

The main thing that has happened in the last few years is the advent of traction control, but it was a gradual evolution rather than any single bike being a game-changer.

Meh, litre bikes,shmeeter bikes...; )

Lets throw in the kawi h2 for fun,leave it to Kawasaki to keep things interesting as usual....

A new zx7 will almost certainly never happen but I am still holding out hope for one

neither have anything to do with "redefining a class" but I had no where else to post these ; )

Last edited:
An air/oil cooled single cylinder 1000 with porcupine head incorporating the alternator and starter motor as counter balancers would be class redefining. How come they never build bikes I want to buy? Ride by wire gimme a break:rolleyes:

I would disagree, the 2005/06 GSXR 1000 takes the cake in that era
Between 01 and 2010 I would say the 04 zx10r was a revolutionary bike and it was also a new platform to learn from for years that came after it. In a sense what the r1 did for the late 90's the zx10r did for the mid 2000's.

I would disagree, the 2005/06 GSXR 1000 takes the cake in that era

As much as I loved my 1st Gen 10R I will agree with you.

The 10R was awesome in many ways but it was never a successful race bike. The Gixxer was THE Superbike to have for several years.

Loved the 10R but getting power to the ground was its big issue. My buddy's 04 was hilarious - like a motorized pogo-stick.

As much as I loved my 1st Gen 10R I will agree with you.

The 10R was awesome in many ways but it was never a successful race bike. The Gixxer was THE Superbike to have for several years.

I always find it interesting how the 2 smaller bike manufactures (Kawi/Suzuki) are the ones to bring new tech to the market first.
One would think Honda and Yamaha would be doing this.

I always find it interesting how the 2 smaller bike manufactures (Kawi/Suzuki) are the ones to bring new tech to the market first.
One would think Honda and Yamaha would be doing this.

Honda's selling point is because Honda. Same, to a degree, with Yamaha.

Suzuki and the others have to build unique and special bikes to compete with that kind of brand recognition.

Although I still don't really want one, you have to hand BMW some respect... they didn't bring out a 90%-effort superbike and rest on their company reputation for sales.

yes, tip of the hat to BMW however when you look at the cost and maintenance of GSXR vs. BMW...I think the Suzuki is cheaper...might be wrong on that, could be even or within 10%.

You add a valid point, BMW showed up and had a better bike than the Honda.
I would think in the bike business these days it's easy to read and see what gives you more value for the $.
Nothing wrong if you buy a bike on form...just don't promote it as the best function.

Cars is a different breed of buyers.

Last edited:
Loved the 10R but getting power to the ground was its big issue. My buddy's 04 was hilarious - like a motorized pogo-stick.

As far as 1st Gen 10Rs go mine was set up pretty well. Installing the Attack triple clamps made a huge difference.

OEM triples plus 1st Gen frame = 161hp pool noodle.

Attack triples plus 1st Gen frame = Enough stiffness for just about any TD guy or Amateur racer.

Back
Top Bottom